Starter eliminator plug?

5 replies to this topic
  • lipskid

Posted February 01, 2004 - 09:13 AM

Has anyone determined whether or not the GYT-R starter eliminator plug for the new quad will fit our bikes? If not, what are you guys that have removed the starter using? I did a search and see Blue One had his welded, but I need a more reversable solution. Thanx.

• The_Blue_One

Posted February 01, 2004 - 09:30 AM

I don't see why it wouldn't fit.They both have the same sidecase. I would've ordered it if mine hadn't broken. I say go for it and let us know :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 01, 2004 - 01:11 PM

Why not pull the idler gear out of the small side cover and put the cover back on if you dont want the e-start feature. Put a plastic cap and silicone seal it on the starter motor input if you want to pull the motor out as well. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lipskid

Posted February 01, 2004 - 04:59 PM

Blue One, I was looking at the picture on the Yamaha site and couldn't quite see how it....but if the cases are the same, good enough, thanks.
Indy, I thought about that, but I want(at least the illusion of) something a little more solid. I had the timing plug back out on me, and didn't notice until I was picking the bike up out of the dirt and some oil spilled out on my boot. Of course the hole(and stator) was full of oily mud. :D Now I'm a little spooked about things like that. Anyway, I'm considering an auto-clutch, and don't see the point in lugging around my beloved e-start on a "stall-proof" bike.

:D Psssst, Faceplant, that new auto-thingy will make you better, faster , lighter, and you can backfire all you want. Go ahead, charge it...you deserve it....c'mon.... :D

:usa: :) :D :D :D

• The_Blue_One

Posted February 01, 2004 - 05:38 PM

Blue One, I was looking at the picture on the Yamaha site and couldn't quite see how it....but if the cases are the same, good enough, thanks.

I thought the same thing when i saw the part. :) But when i saw your post i went to the yamaha microfiche and looked up the side cases and they share the same partnumber.

Which autoclutch are you getting?

• lipskid

Posted February 02, 2004 - 04:15 PM

I think I'm gonna go with the Z-Start. Seems like everyone here has been happy with them so far. I like the external adjustability and the price(cause I'm lazy and poor).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.