Front caliper spring

5 replies to this topic
  • CZRoger

Posted October 15, 2014 - 12:40 PM

'14 YZ450F... While replacing the front brake pads, didn't notice the spring had hit the floor. Consequently stepped on it :facepalm: , now deformed and won't fit properly. Cannot get it back into proper form. Not in stock at my local dealer.

This is the spring/bracket thing that fits above the pads to provide tension to the pads I presume. Can I run without it and not cause damage?

• drtrcr400

Posted October 15, 2014 - 02:24 PM

As long as it's not the shim you'll be fine for a while until your dealer gets it in.

• CZRoger

Posted October 15, 2014 - 02:35 PM

Shim?

This is the part in question...

5DH-25919-00-00 Support, pad

Attached Thumbnails

• yamaha_5DH-25919-00.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drtrcr400

Posted October 15, 2014 - 02:44 PM

It's not going to have immediate negative effects if you run without that for a bit IMO.

• CZRoger

Posted October 15, 2014 - 02:58 PM

That's what I thought as well. Thanks

• grayracer513

Posted October 16, 2014 - 06:42 AM

If that's the lower of the two springs as the part number indicates, it is mostly for the purpose of keeping the pads from rattling around while not braking.  Better to have it, but not critical.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.