2012 leaving WR450... Going back to a YZ

121 replies to this topic
  • stevethe

Posted October 14, 2014 - 06:08 PM

Keeping it Blue nice YZ video

• GP1K

Posted October 14, 2014 - 06:13 PM

OP made this statement:

All I am doing is agreeing, because its exactly what I've built.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA! Only in your dreams, buddy. :lol:

Because dingleberries keeps bringing it up.  It was a pre-emptive strike.  Its his latest favorite argument, that his orange 250F is the best bike for everyone. 

OP: good luck.  Sorry your thread got derailed.

Gee, when did I ever say that? I didn't. Stop putting words in my mouth. Go quote me actually saying that or STFU. I said it's the best FOR ME that's it. That and point out how obviously clueless you are, and how you try to solve what are clearly rider skill issues with bike modifications. Good luck with that.

• KennyMc

Posted October 14, 2014 - 07:28 PM

Guys I've raced against plenty of 350's with dudes at the same skill level as myself and I've won some and lost some with the WR. I'm just planning on stomping them next year on a YZ450!! 

:ride: Good luck to you :thumbsup:

Funny, I have always said I liked my '04 CRF450R the best of all my bikes so far.  I could wheelie that thing across Soggy Drylake (local desert) starting in 1st gear and working my way through all the gears.  I like the suspension (once RG3 was done with it).  But I sold it to get a green sticker bike with a button as my priorities changed along the way.  Started riding with my growing son and wanted to ride in the local mtns (f'n CARB green/red sticker BS).  I will be 51 this month and just have no desire to kick my bike in some of the precarious situations I get in.  Even when I am not, just pushing the button makes it easier on me in the long run.  I need to keep riding as long as I can in the types of terrain I like to or I will just hang it up at that point. ;)

• vlxjim

Posted October 14, 2014 - 08:52 PM

Soggy Drylake in JV? My WR loves JV.

• KennyMc

Posted October 14, 2014 - 09:55 PM

Soggy Drylake in JV? My WR loves JV.

Yep.

The little mtn range just off to the right of Bessemer Mine rd.

http://youtu.be/IBKf-eqLIME

Checker Ride - used in the 100MC's NHH race.  It's out above Means Drylake.

http://youtu.be/2mL2sQNi-bw

A hillclimb in the mountain range to the East of Checkers Ridge

http://youtu.be/70-2Z74s-to

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 15, 2014 - 05:27 AM

:ride: Good luck to you :thumbsup:

Funny, I have always said I liked my '04 CRF450R the best of all my bikes so far.  I could wheelie that thing across Soggy Drylake (local desert) starting in 1st gear and working my way through all the gears.  I like the suspension (once RG3 was done with it).  But I sold it to get a green sticker bike with a button as my priorities changed along the way.  Started riding with my growing son and wanted to ride in the local mtns (f'n CARB green/red sticker BS).  I will be 51 this month and just have no desire to kick my bike in some of the precarious situations I get in.  Even when I am not, just pushing the button makes it easier on me in the long run.  I need to keep riding as long as I can in the types of terrain I like to or I will just hang it up at that point. ;)

Ditto, without the Son.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 15, 2014 - 05:30 AM

That Checker's Ridge looks awesome. Just enough dirt between the rock traps to keep you moving all the time.

I'll bet your swingarm is hammered by the end of that ride....

Edited by Kah Ran Nee, October 15, 2014 - 05:31 AM.

• DPete

Posted October 15, 2014 - 05:56 AM

Kenny, got to give you guys credit for seeking out the tough ones, I have ridden many of those D37 races in years gone by, they can be tough but also create some of the best off road riders on the planet. 100's is coming right up 10-26

• MikeID

Posted October 15, 2014 - 06:29 AM

Great videos!!!

I loved my WR's, but ended up heading down the path of a lighter bike (2007 RM250, GG 300/250, 250X). If I rode the open stuff, I'd go for one again.

• KennyMc

Posted October 15, 2014 - 08:14 AM

That Checker's Ridge looks awesome. Just enough dirt between the rock traps to keep you moving all the time.

I'll bet your swingarm is hammered by the end of that ride....

I took the 350 there a couple of weeks ago. Not a scratch on her ;)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KennyMc

Posted October 15, 2014 - 08:20 AM

Kenny, got to give you guys credit for seeking out the tough ones, I have ridden many of those D37 races in years gone by, they can be tough but also create some of the best off road riders on the planet. 100's is coming right up 10-26

I like following what the D37 guys can come up with for their race course. We avoid the high speed stuff, unless it is to get to the next Mtn range to see what single track we can find. Haven't seen any Black Hawks yet :-O

• KennyMc

Posted October 15, 2014 - 08:26 AM

Kenny, got to give you guys credit for seeking out the tough ones, I have ridden many of those D37 races in years gone by, they can be tough but also create some of the best off road riders on the planet. 100's is coming right up 10-26

Here's the last part of the D100's NHH course out in Cougar Buttes. Somehow I think they did it a bit better and faster ;)

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 15, 2014 - 11:35 AM

I took the 350 there a couple of weeks ago. Not a scratch on her ;)

You are a big fat liar

• vlxjim

Posted October 15, 2014 - 01:06 PM

I have friends that love riding in the rocks. It's not for me, I don't mind a spot here and there to get places. But the whole or most of the time in the rocks just drive me crazy. I do like chasing jack rabbit down in the valleys, so much fun. Or the occasional coyote. Have you road in those spots over in JV wrere the black rocks are like razor blades. I've never gone down in those spots but it looks like they would rip your clothes and gloves to shreds. 

• KennyMc

Posted October 15, 2014 - 01:11 PM

I have friends that love riding in the rocks. It's not for me, I don't mind a spot here and there to get places. But the whole or most of the time in the rocks just drive me crazy. I do like chasing jack rabbit down in the valleys, so much fun. Or the occasional coyote. Have you road in those spots over in JV wrere the black rocks are like razor blades. I've never gone down in those spots but it looks like they would rip your clothes and gloves to shreds.

The mtn range just North of Soggy has those volcanic type ricks your talking about. I try and stay outta there like you said, pretty sharp rocks. Not a lot of single track cut in. There is some but not enough. Lots of other areas to get in trouble.

I dislike whoops like you dislike the rocks. Necessary evil to get from mtn range to mtn range ;)

• DPete

Posted October 15, 2014 - 02:25 PM

Yeah, hell with all those rocks. Hey Kenney you should trade that ride in on a trials bike :-)

• KennyMc

Posted October 15, 2014 - 05:53 PM

Yeah, hell with all those rocks. Hey Kenney you should trade that ride in on a trials bike :-)

Well, we do ride open desert to get to these spots but those are boring Gopro vids (to me) so I don't record those sections. Figured I record the places one is more apt to squid out. Entertainment value :lol:

But I do have 3 friends that ride trials and are in the Plonkers Trials group in the So Cal Trials Association. Surround yourself with a multitude of different riders. Keeps you on your toes. :lol:

• revelc

Posted October 15, 2014 - 06:39 PM

Well, we do ride open desert to get to these spots but those are boring Gopro vids (to me) so I don't record those sections. Figured I record the places one is more apt to squid out. Entertainment value :lol:

But I do have 3 friends that ride trials and are in the Plonkers Trials group in the So Cal Trials Association. Surround yourself with a multitude of different riders. Keeps you on your toes. :lol:

Man your lucky. Most of the riders around here are over 50 and don't push it. I'm really having a hard time finding riders that are faster than me here in East Texas :(

2014 WRR-R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F-Stolen

• KennyMc

Posted October 15, 2014 - 09:28 PM

Man your lucky. Most of the riders around here are over 50 and don't push it. I'm really having a hard time finding riders that are faster than me here in East Texas :(

2014 WRR-R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F-Stolen

Funny, I'll be 51 the end of this month. Most of the guys I ride with are 15-20-25 years younger than me. Not all but most.

What doesn't kill you just makes......well, it may kill me. :lol:

• revelc

Posted October 16, 2014 - 03:54 AM

Funny, I'll be 51 the end of this month. Most of the guys I ride with are 15-20-25 years younger than me. Not all but most.

What doesn't kill you just makes......well, it may kill me. :lol:

Let me rephrase. Most of the guys here are feeble KLR jockeys whose glory days are relived briefly on annual rides down fire roads.

Iron sharpens iron and I'd love to meet more experienced and more skilled riders.

You came into this world screaming and covered in blood, why not leave it the same way? Ha

2014 WRR-R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F-Stolen

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.