2012 leaving WR450... Going back to a YZ

121 replies to this topic
  • DRS

Posted October 14, 2014 - 05:03 PM

Again, all talk, no action. 

You are making claims you will never follow up on, so your claims are meaningless.

You will never come to SoCal and ride with us, which I invite you to do right here and now.......

....we're waiting....

what claims am i not following through on?   look at any offroad shootout, talk to any offroad racer that can go even remotely quick, you seriously think anyone serious about offroad woods racing would pick the WR platform as opposed to countless others that are available? you are in denial dude.   i never said i'm better than you, or that you suck.  what i am saying is that only in fantasy land, or this forum, is the WR considered a top notch offroad race bike platform.   i mean really, do you just want this little fraction of the internet to hide and play make believe or something? go say something like that in another forum and see how much you get laughed at.. get real.

So you are both users ?

yes, i use things.  are you a user, do you use things?

Edited by DRS, October 14, 2014 - 08:48 PM.

• GP1K

Posted October 14, 2014 - 05:09 PM

Blathering meaningless tripe

Or facts you can't dispute, so you don't even bother to try and just throw out a petty little jab. Classy.

• stevethe

Posted October 14, 2014 - 05:12 PM

Again, all talk, no action. 
You are making claims you will never follow up on, so your claims are meaningless.
You will never come to SoCal and ride with us, which I invite you to do right here and now.......

....we're waiting....

Nice. Now that's what I'm talking about.

• GP1K

Posted October 14, 2014 - 05:12 PM

I wonder how many people on this forum actually race their bikes. If I thought for a minute a KTM 350 was so boss I would have to own one. But not no and no especially the EXC weak. But hey that's me.

FYI, the EXC is a street legal dual sport, and the 'softest' 350, in stock trim, and the last choice for a race bike (would need the most mods). The XC-F is quite different, it's ready to race off the showroom floor. Try that with a WR some time and see how it goes. WRs are barely even rideable in showroom stock trim.

• KennyMc

Posted October 14, 2014 - 05:14 PM

Krannie has been riding a KTM 350 for the last few weeks.   That is why he is trying to get his WR running again. 

You're &%$#@!ing clueless.  I will dominate the woods on my KTM 350 soooo much easier and faster than your WR.  I can say that, as this is the internet and it has just as much validity as whatever you can come up with.  The fact is I believe I actually can.

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted October 14, 2014 - 05:16 PM

Here we go off on another GP1K escapade, where he argues about KTMs, his 250F, rider skill and how bad WRs are.   WHY EXACTLY ARE YOU HERE ?

• GP1K

Posted October 14, 2014 - 05:16 PM

Funny how you and GP1K are both from Washington state and both show up in the same threads, spouting the same stuff.  Coincidence ?

Not at all. We're friends and riding buddies. And we both know a fraud when we see one.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 14, 2014 - 05:20 PM

OK, that's it.

No more name calling please. 

If you are unhappy here, you are free to leave, or put anyone on your ignore list that you don't agree with.

...but trolling to create trouble is a ban-able offense. 

• stevethe

Posted October 14, 2014 - 05:21 PM

FYI, the EXC is a street legal dual sport, and the 'softest' 350, in stock trim, and the last choice for a race bike (would need the most mods). The XC-F is quite different, it's ready to race off the showroom floor. Try that with a WR some time and see how it goes. WRs are barely even rideable in showroom stock trim.

The 350 EXC is a weak little corn-popper even with mods. I haven't ridden the XCF. Yes WR's showroom stock without any mods aren't very good. But you couldn't hardly pay me to ride a high maintenance orange machine.

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted October 14, 2014 - 05:21 PM

You're &%$#@!ing clueless.  I will dominate the woods on my KTM 350 soooo much easier and faster than your WR.  I can say that, as this is the internet and it has just as much validity as whatever you can come up with.  The fact is I believe I actually can.

I saw your video.  Not once did you even get close to opening the throttle on your 350.  It might be the right bike for you.  It might be easier for you to ride.   But it isn't the bike for me. 

And don't give me that friggin crap about C class GNCC riders.   The first thing you would have to do before making the statement about one bike being better than another was compare the skill level of the rider groups and then confirm the course wasn't biased against one type of bike or another.  In other words, correlation doesn't imply causation !

And while we are at it, I'm not a GNCC racer and I don't ride GNCC courses.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted October 14, 2014 - 05:23 PM

Not at all. We're friends and riding buddies. And we both know a fraud when we see one.

Each other ?

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted October 14, 2014 - 05:26 PM

For those that aren't aware, when GP1K errr... DRS gets bored here, he goes over into the suspension forum and shares even more of his wisdom in threads there.   Even though he has never turned a wrench on a suspension component.   

• KennyMc

Posted October 14, 2014 - 05:31 PM

I saw your video.  Not once did you even get close to opening the throttle on your 350.  It might be the right bike for you.  It might be easier for you to ride.   But it isn't the bike for me. 

And don't give me that friggin crap about C class GNCC riders.   The first thing you would have to do before making the statement about one bike being better than another was compare the skill level of the rider groups and then confirm the course wasn't biased against one type of bike or another.  In other words, correlation doesn't imply causation !

Why are you blathering about GNCC and C class or whatever.  I don't care about racing bikes, I don't race.  I did race ones, 2 years ago.  Novice, heavyweight, D37.  Came in 1st out of 24 other riders in my same class and beat a lot of ammie's.  1 and done as that was the only race I have done.  That was on my big, heavy, WR that I really like in the more open terrain :thumbsup:

The 350 is the right bike for me in the woods as you have pointed out, you don't need to open the throttle while in 2nd gear.  That is what I like to do in the Summer and that is why the 350 is the bike for that for me.  Now in the Winter, in the open desert, i will ride the WR more as it will get up and go quicker.  That is what it is better at.

All I have said all along is that the 350 is easier for the tight, signle track stuff and the WR is better for the more open desert.....FOR ME!!!  Your the &%$#@!ing dipshit that continues to say your POS is better for OTHERS!!! :lame:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 14, 2014 - 05:32 PM

The 350 EXC is a weak little corn-popper even with mods. I haven't ridden the XCF. Yes WR's showroom stock without any mods aren't very good. But you couldn't hardly pay me to ride a high maintenance orange machine.

...dude, he's goating....

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 14, 2014 - 05:38 PM

The KTM 350 EXC / XCFW after re-mapping and un-corking, is a very good bike. It has it's place. It's place is NOT high speed WOT, rough terrain.

If you think that it is, then you have never ridden one, on that terrain.  I have.

The WR 450F, after remapping/jetting and uncorking, is a very good bike. It has it's place. It's place is NOT crawling around slimey woods, or loose rocky hillsides (although it handles so good, it's hard to resist.....)

If you think that it is, then you have never ridden one, on that terrain. I have.

ALL of the above is opinion.

ANY other comment is pointless, because as soon as you 'open you mouth', we expect devisive contradiction......which ruins your credibilty, and makes you HATED among the fellow posters.

GOOD LUCK POSERS

• GP1K

Posted October 14, 2014 - 05:39 PM

Check your 25 lbs weight savings thread. I posted a link to an article in Dirt Rider where they averaged lap times at GNCC and WORCS nationals in B and C classes to compare 250 2T, 250F and 450 lap times. And guess what? 450s were dead last save one WORCS race where they tied for last. So yeah, you, me, Kenny, and pretty much anyone else not an A or better rider are all faster on 250Fs or 350s vs 450 for sure. Unless you are a seriously fast A level rider above, you are simply fooling yourself if you think you're faster in the woods on a 450. LAP TIMES DON'T LIE

That's about as controlled of environment as you're going to get. Unless you're going to make the asinine accusations that somehow these particular tracks were somehow biased against 450s.  :rolleyes: 

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted October 14, 2014 - 05:43 PM

Your the &%$#@!ing dipshit that continues to say your POS is better for OTHERS!!! :lame:

OP made this statement:

There has to be a happy medium and if I had the money to build the perfect off-road bike it would be a 50-50 split between the two. Yamaha just needs to get their stuff together and make one for all of us!

All I am doing is agreeing, because its exactly what I've built.

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy, October 14, 2014 - 05:45 PM.

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted October 14, 2014 - 05:48 PM

Why are you blathering about GNCC and C class or whatever.

Because dingleberries keeps bringing it up.  It was a pre-emptive strike.  Its his latest favorite argument, that his orange 250F is the best bike for everyone. 

OP: good luck.  Sorry your thread got derailed.

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy, October 14, 2014 - 05:49 PM.

• torkd14

Posted October 14, 2014 - 05:53 PM

Guys I've raced against plenty of 350's with dudes at the same skill level as myself and I've won some and lost some with the WR. I'm just planning on stomping them next year on a YZ450!!

• GP1K

Posted October 14, 2014 - 06:06 PM

The KTM 350 EXC / XCFW after re-mapping and un-corking, is a very good bike. It has it's place. It's place is NOT high speed WOT, rough terrain.

If you think that it is, then you have never ridden one, on that terrain.  I have.

The WR 450F, after remapping/jetting and uncorking, is a very good bike. It has it's place. It's place is NOT crawling around slimey woods, or loose rocky hillsides (although it handles so good, it's hard to resist.....)

If you think that it is, then you have never ridden one, on that terrain. I have.

ALL of the above is opinion.

ANY other comment is pointless, because as soon as you 'open you mouth', we expect devisive contradiction......which ruins your credibilty, and makes you HATED among the fellow posters.

GOOD LUCK POSERS

100% agree with all of the above. Surprised? But guess what? We don't have very much high speed, WOT rough terrain here. Or I should say, there is that in eastern/central WA (google 'The Desert 100' sometime) but we almost never ride there. What we do have is lots of slimy woods, loose rocky hillsides (all shale rock) and tight single track.

This is why my WR, while I still think it's a great bike, was simply not the right bike for me, for where I ride. My 250 XCF-W totally is. And the fact that I didn't have to do a damn thing to it but spring it for my weight and armor it up is just icing on the cake.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.