Clutch ? 2011 yz450

No replies to this topic
  • billygildark5007

Posted October 11, 2014 - 01:33 PM

Bike has a gytr complete clutch with a rekluse 2.0 disk with around 50 hours. New fibers and steels were installed at that time. My question is when I remove the rekluse I cannot get the engagement point where I like it. All of the adjusters are all the way out and the clutch engages right when the lever comes off the bar. I need my fingers between the lever and bar.
All of the fibers and oem springs measure within spec and the steel plates are not warped.
The basket is torqued correctly and new clutch cushions were installed in the new basket.
I have never heard of a clutch cable stretching and it's not starting to fray. The only thing I haven't checked for yet is for a bent push rod.
Any other ideas?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.