Automatic fan start

3 replies to this topic
  • s1lVa

Posted October 11, 2014 - 12:04 AM

Im going to install a SPAL fan to the wr450f, but im thinking about ways to make the fan go on automatic. I have no experience with this from past, but ive heard about radiator plugs.
Is this a plug thats NO before 95c, and goes NC after 95c and up? Where can this be fitted? are there other solutions? :) Thanks

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 11, 2014 - 05:35 AM

Use a Thermistor interupt on the power wire

They come readily set up for motor/auto use as a 'probe wire' or clamp

No need to read the water temp directly

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • s1lVa

Posted October 11, 2014 - 09:16 AM

That is an accessorie to the TT Vapor, and has a variable resistance to measure the temprature. would be easier to get something similar that worked as an On/Off. Not interested in the temperature, just want the fan to go on when it needs to ^^

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 11, 2014 - 03:13 PM

I didn't say a temp sensor, I said a Thermistor, which is a tempreture sensitive switch

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.