How much HP

12 replies to this topic
  • avlisj

Posted October 09, 2014 - 06:42 PM

Anybody know how much HP and torque a FI wr 450 makes after throttle stop is off. Powercore muffler. Airbox opened and ECU are added
Trying to compare numbers with the BMW 650 GS. Says it makes 54HP

• offrd beatr

Posted October 09, 2014 - 06:59 PM

43ish horsepower. Not sure abou the torque.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 09, 2014 - 07:07 PM

You are comparing Cows to Chickens

There is not one single comparable trait between those two bikes, other than the number of wheels.

The 650GS is kind of POS bike for street or dirt.  The power to weight ratio alone makes it a real dog on the street. The suspension is the very worst you can buy.

The f800gs is pretty good on the street, and can go in the dirt. 

The WR is a dirt bike that can go on the street.

• avlisj

Posted October 09, 2014 - 07:35 PM

You are comparing Cows to Chickens

There is not one single comparable trait between those two bikes, other than the number of wheels.

The 650GS is kind of POS bike for street or dirt. The power to weight ratio alone makes it a real dog on the street. The suspension is the very worst you can buy.

The f800gs is pretty good on the street, and can go in the dirt.

The WR is a dirt bike that can go on the street.

I hear ya
Just saw one today on the freeway and it looked small enough for dirt but more of a road bike. Thinking about a second bike for all street except for a fire road if it's not chained every once in awhile. Just wondering what more a tame 650 single gets over the 450.

• revelc

Posted October 10, 2014 - 04:18 AM

I'd hope over 40whp uncorked

2014 WRR-R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F-Stolen

• stevethe

Posted October 10, 2014 - 04:56 AM

Anybody know how much HP and torque a FI wr 450 makes after throttle stop is off. Powercore muffler. Airbox opened and ECU are added
Trying to compare numbers with the BMW 650 GS. Says it makes 54HP

You might be talking about the BMW 650 single which has a motor made in China with Rotax parts. My opinion of the little devils are there are somewhat of a POS. They also made a 650 twin and currently turned it into a 700 twin 75 hp which is a Rotax motor built in Austria. It is the same motor as the GS800 twin 85 hp.

I own a F800 GSA and enjoy it for the street and fire roads. They are supposed to be very dependable.

A girl I know wanted a 650 I told her to get the twin. She ended up buying a almost new 650 single with 400 mi. It wouldn't start time after time she got so frustrated we went to the dealer and she ended up dumping the 650 and coming home with a brand new 700 twin. She is very happy with the 700. They are different than the 800's in that they have the detuned motor also no upside down forks and different shock so they end up being a much shorter bike better suited for a very short rider.

If your not so vertically challenged a 800 twin is the way to go. Excellent power for long highway runs and they handle well even with a 21" on the front. The gas tank is in the rear of the bike. A good go almost anywhere bike except deep sand and tough single track.

If you really want a single you could consider Japanese, DR, XRR, XRL or other.

Edited by stevethe, October 10, 2014 - 05:04 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted October 10, 2014 - 05:08 AM

Yeah, I'd opt for a bone stock XR650L over the BMW 650, if you want a civilized street bike that can go in the dirt with some prowess......and it's affordable.

• stevethe

Posted October 10, 2014 - 05:11 AM

Yeah, I'd opt for a bone stock XR650L over the BMW 650, if you want a civilized street bike that can go in the dirt with some prowess......and it's affordable.

Good call me too. However I think a streeted XR650R is what I might do if I was inclined for a single.

Edited by stevethe, October 10, 2014 - 05:11 AM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 10, 2014 - 05:14 AM

Good call me too. However I think a streeted XR650R is what I might do if I was inclined for a single.

I've had three of those. If it had estart, I still would....

• beezer

Posted October 10, 2014 - 05:14 AM

I bought an XR650L and actually like it.

Not a terrible dirt bike if you remember it weighs 340 pounds.

• stevethe

Posted October 10, 2014 - 05:20 AM

I've had three of those. If it had estart, I still would....

The XR650R is a somewhat amazing bike if one has ever ridden one. A real torque monster.  What amazes me more is they made it as a dirt bike and not a street bike with electric start. What were they thinking??? Boy would there every be a big following for a street legal electric started bike. They also end up as a pretty good street supermoto bike as well. However the WR450 rules.

Edited by stevethe, October 10, 2014 - 05:22 AM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 10, 2014 - 05:27 AM

However the WR450 rules.

I'm tempted to buy another while mine is down......ah, another project !

• stevethe

Posted October 10, 2014 - 06:04 AM

I'm tempted to buy another while mine is down......ah, another project !

I like the 07-11's so much I am also tempted to buy another one before they dry up.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.