25 replies to this topic
  • offrd beatr

Posted October 16, 2014 - 07:45 AM

'12+ are small in the cockpit. Bike is still large. Krannie has said that he is large and likes ergos that cater to that. The '11 an older are a more open feel for sure.

• RockerYZWR

Posted October 16, 2014 - 08:02 AM

Bill, PM sent on the rims.

Damn....beat me to it.

• KennyMc

Posted October 16, 2014 - 08:57 AM

Rumor mill has it that you replaced it with a KTM 350.

Naw, just added the 350 to the stable. Wife needed a dual sport bike as well :smirk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KennyMc

Posted October 16, 2014 - 08:59 AM

Damn....beat me to it.

I have had 2 broken spokes lately with a couple more that are bent in the back.  Need to replace it before more issues arise.

• vlxjim

Posted October 16, 2014 - 09:48 AM

I don't know if the 2012+ are smaller just different.  I feel you can grip the tank better. And the bike is thiner between the legs. But then again my buddy was cramped on his 05 and droped the pegs and raised the bars.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 16, 2014 - 12:27 PM

2012+ Wr450 small?!?

Yes, the ergos shrunk in 2012.

Pegs are higher off the ground/closer to the seat, steering head is closer to the pegs, etc etc

Everyone but Kawi is on the 'shrink it' band wagon these days....KTM's being the tightest, since the front weight bias is so low, you have to sit on the gas cap most of the time.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.