WR450 cylinder boring and Nikasil plated

25 replies to this topic
  • ttreewalkerr

Posted May 24, 2016 - 04:13 PM

When sending a cylinder in to US Chrome, after recoating do they do a light hone efore shipping it back, ready for assembly?

• stevethe

Posted May 24, 2016 - 05:00 PM

When sending a cylinder in to US Chrome, after recoating do they do a light hone efore shipping it back, ready for assembly?

They should hone it perfectly fit to your new piston. I would send them the piston so they can match it.

• ttreewalkerr

Posted May 24, 2016 - 05:35 PM

Do they need the rings or just piston ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted May 24, 2016 - 05:44 PM

Call them and ask them. But the piston is the main element to measure. The rings should follow the bore. But you are supposed to measure them in the bore also.

• ttreewalkerr

Posted May 25, 2016 - 02:37 AM

Ok, I wondered if they gaped them too. Thx

• AKmud

Posted May 26, 2016 - 07:56 AM

Millennium did mine and it turned out great.  I just had them take it back to stock.  

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.