Front Sprocket Lock Washer Bend Tab

6 replies to this topic
  • u83AAf3

Posted October 08, 2014 - 10:45 AM

How in the world do you bend this thing?!?!?

• stevethe

Posted October 08, 2014 - 11:13 AM

A punch or channel locks

• deafrider250f

Posted October 08, 2014 - 11:36 AM

Screwdriver (not the drink)...or a punch or pliers or your fingers if your surperman...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • u83AAf3

Posted October 08, 2014 - 01:20 PM

Haha fingers....

My vice grips don't grip the edge of the washer. I'm thinking they are just too small. The Screwdriver just flexes and digs into the sprocket.

Edited by u83AAf3, October 09, 2014 - 06:05 AM.

• stevethe

Posted October 08, 2014 - 02:30 PM

Haha fingers....

My vice grips don't grip the edge of the washer. I'm thinking my are just too small. The Screwdriver just flexes and digs into the sprocket.

You can do it Forrest. You can also pre bend it.

Edited by stevethe, October 08, 2014 - 02:45 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 08, 2014 - 03:12 PM

Use a hammer and a wood chisel to get the bend started, then cold chisel, then a blunt object, like a tire iron and a hammer.

If you use just a screw driver, you usually just end up cutting the tab so it will start to crack, unless you are careful.

• u83AAf3

Posted October 09, 2014 - 06:52 PM

Kah Ran Nee ---- Good call with the wood chisel. Once it got started it wasn't a big deal.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.