01 Wr426 Strange Smell

1 reply to this topic
  • elmore55

Posted October 08, 2014 - 06:56 AM

So I did an oil change on my Wr426 last week, got all the excess oil of it to keep it from burning on the exhaust or something of the sort. Now a week later there is strange smell, doesnt smell like a burnt clutch, or burning oil, no smoking, no oil in coolant, no gas in coolant etc the bike runs great no issues at all starts right up 2nd kick. It almost smells like a burnt rubber smell in away, but I'm kinda stumped I checked everything brakes arent sticking disks arent getting hot engine temp is not anything out of the ordinary, overflow tank isnt losing coolant either.

Any input?

Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted October 08, 2014 - 03:28 PM

You probably got some oil under the motor, and it is baking, along with the other 'dung' down there.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.