Stick with my 426?

8 replies to this topic
  • FTD

Posted January 31, 2004 - 11:11 AM

Gosh darnit... I have had my 426 for 3 years now with little miles on it... under 2,000 :) and have all the goodies for it... Zipty tank, FMF silencer, bars etc... but am itchy for a WR450.
This bike runs well, I am used to it (suprisingly for as little miles as I ride), and over all enjoy it.
Should I keep the darn thing until I pump out 4-5 thousand miles on it or snag a WR450?
I tell myself and my riding buddies that there is no reason to sell it.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors bike!!
Hoss

• Yamaha600Racer

Posted January 31, 2004 - 11:48 AM

I vote keep the 426...your bike is like new so why sell it especially if you enjoy it....also, will you really like and feel the difference of the 450 compared to your 426 and is it worth the money...? only you can decide! :)

• tctrailrider

Posted January 31, 2004 - 11:48 AM

Put the 450 cam in it and pretend you have a new bike, thats what I did.

• FTD

Posted January 31, 2004 - 12:03 PM

I vote keep the 426...your bike is like new so why sell it especially if you enjoy it....also, will you really like and feel the difference of the 450 compared to your 426 and is it worth the money...? only you can decide! :)

I love the feel of the 450. It feels much more nimble.

Put the 450 cam in it and pretend you have a new bike, thats what I did.

I have toyed with that idea. My buddy has one sitting next to his desk I can slap in but I like the "punch" of the 426 and have heard you loose that. I would imagine I would enjoy the 450 cam for the starting ease, not like I have trouble starting the 426 anyway.
What changes did you feel with the 450 cam?
Hoss

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BlueDragon

Posted January 31, 2004 - 02:11 PM

Keep the 426!! :) It's a great bike!! :D

• blue_beast_wins

Posted January 31, 2004 - 04:11 PM

After spending some time on a 450 today i say unless your bike is a peice of [@#$%&*!] (wich its not) keep it and do the cam mod for much smoother power, the hit makes you slow weather you like it or not !! :)

• tctrailrider

Posted January 31, 2004 - 04:48 PM

What changes did you feel with the 450 cam?

No idea. Installed it last week and the snow is waist deep. 2 more months before I know. :)

• N7SLC

Posted January 31, 2004 - 04:58 PM

Doesn't the 450 exhaust cam give you auto-decomp? THAT alone, would be worth the install... :)

• jwriott

Posted February 01, 2004 - 07:04 AM

If the only reason you are looking is because of your buddies and e-start, I wouldn't get a 450 over the 426. Until my buddies with brand new KTM 450's and 520's are kicking my A$$ in the woods, I'll hang onto this bike. I can go damn fast in the woods on this thing and I'm sure I'm not at the bikes limit.

Mine only has about 1600 miles on it and I can probably go as fast on this bike through the trees as any bike I've owned. Plus, when you get out in the open, they rock.

Keep yours till they really do something that makes it worth while to trade up like dropping 10 lbs. I'm waiting until Honda comes out with the CRF450X to see how much better both bikes will become.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.