"Bubba's" riding tactics

9 replies to this topic
  • F-Pilot

Posted January 27, 2002 - 02:33 PM

First off this kid is amazing! He is so much faster than anyone else in the 125's it is ridiculous.
I question his agressive riding though. Last nite in his heat race he jumped the quad and cut off Sellards who then blockpassed him after the next triple. So at the end of the whoops he takes Sellards down in the 180 turn before the finish line. Then a couple laps later he catches Thane and cuts him off on the face of the finish line jump, almost causing him to go down.
I am not against some banging when the races are close but he was so much faster he could have passed them without causing any problems.
I can't wait to see him try this stuff outdoors with Brown and Langston!

• 250F#8

Posted January 27, 2002 - 03:31 PM

Originally posted by F-Pilot:
First off this kid is amazing! He is so much faster than anyone else in the 125's it is ridiculous.
I question his agressive riding though. Last nite in his heat race he jumped the quad and cut off Sellards who then blockpassed him after the next triple. So at the end of the whoops he takes Sellards down in the 180 turn before the finish line. Then a couple laps later he catches Thane and cuts him off on the face of the finish line jump, almost causing him to go down.
I am not against some banging when the races are close but he was so much faster he could have passed them without causing any problems.
I can't wait to see him try this stuff outdoors with Brown and Langston!

that will be fun to watch :)

• candlkirk

Posted January 29, 2002 - 06:52 AM

F-PILOT,
I fully agree. I believe Lanston and Brown will put a end to that crap. If KAW. was not protecting him, he would be racing against them now, but that is a whole different argument. Just my thoughts.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted January 29, 2002 - 07:43 AM

candlkirk, if your talking about the east coast supercross rounds, and bubbu not racing them, well who is racing the east coast rounds now? Nobody, Im thinkin bubbu may run both.

• JohnnyG

Posted January 29, 2002 - 09:20 AM

I am already sick of the Bubba show. He gets the front page of Cyclenews, while DV gets a little picture on the bottom after he won his second straight 250 SX in a row!

I personally think Chad Reed is the biggest story in SX right now, but he gets almost no ink.

Kawasaki should back off the PR machine a couple of notches or everybody is gonna hate Bubba before he even gets started.

BTW, If bubba continues to win...he should have a Honda contract in no time!!! hehehehehehehehe. You know that Kawasaki's are crap and Honda has the best bike...ask RC.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Glen_T

Posted January 29, 2002 - 11:11 AM

No offense, but I think everyone is missing the point. I for one vaguely remember 16, but I teach 16 year olds. They want what they want now! and I believe that Bubba wanted to race. (And obviously win.) Lack of patients is part of the age, and it shows in his racing. But, he is tallented enough to make some mistakes and still win. So why wait for the east coast race season? I too look forward to seeing Stewart run against brown and langston, but we'll get that chance soon enough. Am I a fan? You bet! After having the privelege of being entertained by Stewart at Anaheim 1, I was sold. I don't care about politics or what Kawasaki has to say. (I'll never own one of their machines anyway.) I'm just a fan who enjoys watching tallented riders do stuff I can only dream of doing. Agressive is good as long as it is clean. Sorry it's so long, but that is my .02 :)

• Amador

Posted January 29, 2002 - 11:23 AM

for all of you Bubba haters, think about this. Bubbas race time was so fast that it would have earned him a fifth place finish.......in the 250's!! Faster than Mc, Windham, Fonseca, so on and so on. Bubba is unreal! His heat race was 13
seconds faster than the next closest guy! 13 SECONDS!!! That's insane.

• Glen_T

Posted January 29, 2002 - 01:18 PM

Yep, I agree Amador. If he stays healthy, we're seeing the future of SX/MX. Rock-on BUBBA!

• mxracer553

Posted January 29, 2002 - 02:41 PM

How can you be sick of him I honestly think he is as fast as carmichal and MC the kid rides out of control but so did Ricky when he first started. He is going to break every record out there just sit back and watch. As far as the rubbing goes rubbin is racing!!!

• yzf322

Posted January 29, 2002 - 06:31 PM

Hey guys why are there so many people hating on James,yes his style is a little agressive i will agree with ya on that one; but he is still in a learning process and he is a little impatient thats all,most of you in here that talk a lot of negativity about him probably cant ride half as good as him if he had a broken leg. Yeah he has to ride against Brown and Langston but im sure that they are taking notes on him. Some say that the Kawasaki people are protecting him and i think that is a bunch of bullcrap,hey why didnt Brown and Langston run the west coast, no and its not because they are not from there either. There are guys that i raced against in the National PJ1 series that were fast as they come and can fly but there riding styles were the same as Bubbas.If you aint in it to win it get a ticket and stin the cheap seats..........

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.