2005 WR450 Jet removal with carb on bike

3 replies to this topic
  • mgoodwin9

Posted October 03, 2014 - 04:37 PM

What is the correcct tool to use to remove the two jets (not the main but the pilot and the other one) with te carb still on the bike and the bowl off?

• stevethe

Posted October 03, 2014 - 05:17 PM

Not sure what the other one is but check over this thread http://www.thumperta...gynecology-101/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted October 04, 2014 - 03:02 AM

I use the motion pro 90 degree tool/driver to loosen or tighten and a small piece of tubing to get it started.

There is never a need to remove the other (starter jet) but the motion pro tool would do it.

• mgoodwin9

Posted October 04, 2014 - 07:31 AM

I think the motion pro tool looks like the way to go and I have ordered one.  I have a similar flat ratchet that fits the 1/4" hex screwdriver bits.  But I don't have any bits that have the smaller diameter end (like the motion pro bits) to fit in the hole where the jet is.  I will stop by the hardware store after work and see if they have some so I can get the bike back together.  Thanks.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.