06-09 YZ450f electric fan installation?

7 replies to this topic
  • War_IS_the_Answer

Posted October 02, 2014 - 03:34 PM

Any ideas?

• grayracer513

Posted October 02, 2014 - 03:40 PM

...about mounting them, or powering them? 

There is NO surplus electricity to do anything with on the '03-'09 YZ450; zero.  The stators are smaller than the gas cap, and intended only to operate the ignition.  But, you can run small DC computer chassis fans off a single 9V for up to 2 hours straight.  Put a switch in so you can leave them off until they matter, and you'll be set.

• MrFreez82

Posted October 04, 2014 - 04:24 PM

I did it with my YZ426

http://www.thumperta...an-on-dirtbike/

• mdsharon

Posted October 06, 2014 - 12:10 PM

I did it with my YZ426

http://www.thumperta...dirtbike/Should not overheat, run blue ice and never let idle for more than a couple of minutes never have had  a problem. Even with smashed radiators. Maybe you have a different problem, if you really want to put in high flow water pump in..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MrFreez82

Posted October 06, 2014 - 04:13 PM

Yes   however when waiting after freinds, I tend to not stop the engin since it's a @@@#$% to restart when very hot

I did it with my YZ426

http://www.thumperta...dirtbike/Should not overheat, run blue ice and never let idle for more than a couple of minutes never have had  a problem. Even with smashed radiators. Maybe you have a different problem, if you really want to put in high flow water pump in..

• mdsharon

Posted October 07, 2014 - 07:13 AM

I would check the valves, If they are right it should start in one kick ares all do 06-09 yzs

• Hoosier-Daddy

Posted October 10, 2014 - 05:37 PM

I have ridden my bike slow.. alot. Hit single track at low speed. Spent a lot of time on the clutch before I got it geared lower and heavy flywheel installed. Stock motor with engine ice and have never experienced the need for a fan.

• Mtrain730

Posted October 10, 2014 - 06:10 PM

Same here went out with a friend who was on a bayou 250 he was creeping if I went any slower I would have tipped over while I did feel my legs getting a little warm it didn't boil over. After that I don't see a need to even bother with a fan. Mine is 2012 by the way not sure if that makes a difference.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.