426 top end SMASHED full engine rebuild help

2 replies to this topic
  • philsyzf426

Posted October 01, 2014 - 07:42 AM

Hi again guys I've now fully stripped down my engine and am currently rebuilding bottom end but have come across another bargain offer of a cylinder for 00 yz426f as my old 1 is now a paperweight but my bike is 02 will it fit is there any difference at all?
Ive replaced full valve kit wit OEM Yamaha ss full kit includes springs seals lifters from 00 model thanks to you guys and greyracer as always a bank of info always helpful. Can any 1 give me specs for 426f barrel the 1 I'm looking at is described as 91.88mm needs replate does that sound right?
Just what is measurable on my smashed barrel it measures 97.04mm. Can sum 1 help

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 01, 2014 - 08:46 AM

The '00 cylinder is for a 400, not a 426, assuming the bore is quoted correctly.  A 400 is 92x60.1, while a 426 is 95x60.1.  If yours measures 97, it was a 3mm overbore kit (444cc).

• philsyzf426

Posted October 02, 2014 - 10:13 AM

Hi thanks for the info greyracer I thought that was the measurements so now have to wait as new son will stretch finances for a while.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.