Rekluse - Core EXP 3.0 or EXP?

Brand Rekluse

24 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted October 03, 2014 - 09:49 AM

The need for using the clutch still exists if you want to get a burst of power or need additional power at the bottom end of a gear. For a beginner rider, this technique is not usually needed. For a pro level rider, it is essential.

That's subjective, and an opinion not shared by everyone.  But if if you do like to fan the clutch, the extremely light lever effort of the Z-Start Pro could be to your liking. 

• Piznapple

Posted October 05, 2014 - 02:19 AM

I was worried the super light pull at low rpms on the z start would be too hard to control. I bought the core exp because I heard it was most like stock, and it is. I have let people ride my bike and asked what they thought of the rekluse, and they had no idea it was in there. That being said, I don't see how it could make you slower in the corners unless you are doing it wrong.

They give you three springs to control the hit of the clutch; light spring for an easy roll on, medium is the stock level, and big springs for hard hitting clutch feeling. It all comes down to owning one, it's the best mod for a bike other than suspension. DONT KNOCK IT TILL YOU TRY IT!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigbird192

Posted October 05, 2014 - 03:59 AM

They give you three springs to control the hit of the clutch; light spring for an easy roll on, medium is the stock level, and big springs for hard hitting clutch feeling. It all comes down to owning one, it's the best mod for a bike other than suspension. DONT KNOCK IT TILL YOU TRY IT!!!

I was referring to the feel at the lever, not feel of the engagement of the auto-clutch.

• grayracer513

Posted October 05, 2014 - 07:28 AM

They give you three springs to control the hit of the clutch;

In the Z-Start Pro, the springs adjust the engagement RPM range of the clutch.  They have no noticeable effect on lever feel.

• Navaho6

Posted October 17, 2014 - 06:22 PM

I don't understand how that would be the case. Explain?

My technique involves a lot of clutch and brake at the same time.
With the exp, the clutch pull was too stiff to use this technique. Using the a-clutch as it was intended and allowing it do all the work (not touching the lever) results in engine braking, rear wheel grab, and higher-than-desirable rpms making it harder to lean the bike over quickly. Bike wanted to stand up.

Over the years, I've learned a technique of using a manual clutch along with rear brake to make the bike handle the way I want it to at precisely the right time. with the A-clutch, I was having to learn a new technique so I instantly became slower. I guess that with the Core Exp, I could still use my clutch/brake technique but then all I would benefit from the a-clutch is the anti-stall feature. I don't stall very much so it's not really worth it to me to spend that much money for anti-stall benefits.
If I were serious about racing, I might own one because arm fatigue is more of a factor.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Trouble adjusting Rekluse by Revster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Rekluse EXP Core 3.0 auto-clutch by jskidmore

Drive Drivetrain Rekluse EXP Core 3.0 auto-clutch, Brand Rekluse
  • 9 reviews
  • Last review by jiveabillion
  • On December 02, 2016
Forums
Photo

new to site have questions need help 06 rm 250 by chucks ss

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   Suzuki 2-Stroke
  • 6 replies
Forums
Photo

The Downside to Technology and Rider Aids by CDNSXV

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Off-Road Riding Technique
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  249 replies
Reviews

Rekluse E-Axle by racerden

Suspension Fork Leg Clamp Rekluse E-Axle, Brand Rekluse
  • 1 review
  • Last review by racerden
  • On November 24, 2014

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.