What is your best (or favorite) Memory on your Dizzer!?

As the title says, Lets hear your most memorable moments on your DR-Z! Could be the time (or times) you were stopped by the fuzz, some epic off-roading adventures, your first time doing something, rolling up to beautiful scenery or anything in between! Let's hear them all! What memories really make you love your DR-Z?

P.S. Make em' long

• Like 1

I've only had mine for a month and a half, so nothing really sticks out yet. So far I'd just have to say the first time I fired it up after I installed the full FMF exhaust system on it and heard that sweet thumper exhaust.

:ride: Braaaap.

I would have to say you've officially been brrraaaaptised. Haha I think I just made up a word!
  • Like 6

This is my first motorcycle so, most of them! But most notably taking a ride from the central valley to LA without issue, breaking my foot during my first real off road organized ride, and finding out just how nice random motorcycle strangers can be to someone that is obviously in over their head and in helping them get back home safe.

• Like 2

when it was brand new, first time riding it in the dirt i was takingthe back way home from work on a trail i knew about but hadnt ridden in a long time .. one spot i knew there was a 'little' jump consisting of a washed out hole and a double whoopdy-do, so i came around the corner and gunned it .. anyway, the spot had changed dramatically, and i hit it about 50 and it launched me about as high as the tree tops haha .. i saw my life flash before my eyes, but the dizzer landed on the other side smooth as butter .. thats when i fell in love with it ..

• Like 4

When this dude came up and asked how I like my "dizzer" and I slapped him and told him quit talking like a 13 year old girl. Dat wuz awesome bruh.

That's very ironic..... Only 13 year old girls slap. Haha, and i've never once heard a 13 year old girl say "dizzer". If someone makes a comment about my SM, it's usually something like " I see you rode your dirtbike to work today" haha
  • Like 1

when i showed mine to the Suzuki reps at this years AMA races at Infineon.  They were trying to sell me the 2014 DRZ they had on display, and I told them I already have one in green.  "Green?" the guy said, we don't make a green DRZ.  They had never heard of the KLX and didn't believe me that it was bolt for bolt identical.  

Well i walked back to my bike, rode over to the tent, and showed it off.  Was kinda neat having a crowd of people gawking at my 10 year old bastard DRZ.   :ride:

• Like 8

when i showed mine to the Suzuki reps at this years AMA races at Infineon.  They were trying to sell me the 2014 DRZ they had on display, and I told them I already have one in green.  "Green?" the guy said, we don't make a green DRZ.  They had never heard of the KLX and didn't believe me that it was bolt for bolt identical.  

Well i walked back to my bike, rode over to the tent, and showed it off.  Was kinda neat having a crowd of people gawking at my 10 year old bastard DRZ.   :ride:

Good story...reminds me of these idiots at this ' hole in the wall ' dealer I stumbled upon.  I was looking for a piston for my 1981 CR450, they told me Honda didn't make a the 450 in 1981.

I just turned around and walked out.

• Like 4

There's a ride in New South Wales, Australia called the Old Pacific Highway run. Loads of riders end up having lunch at the Wolombi Pub. I was having a burger along with a couple of mates one time and went to dispose of the rubbish. There was a narrow path to the bin with about 4 or 5 hard core looking bikers with club colours on etc blocking the path, so I walked on the other side of the hand rail until I reached the bins, jumped the rail and offloaded the rubbish. One of the bikers on the path yells out to his mate "hey Tiny, I think that guy was scared to walk past you". Tiny, who is actually a giant, grabs me by the arm and says "you can walk past us mate, your a motorcyclist" and jokingly roughs me up a bit. All of them were laughing and carrying on as I walked past them. I head back to my table where my mates are pissing themselves laughing. One of my mates says "lucky they didn't see your bike or they may have thought differently". Again, my mates piss themselves laughing. So it's time to head off and coincidentally these bikers are heading off at the same time. One of them comes over and says to me "is that a DRZ? My son recently bought a KTM and I was thinking of getting a DRZ to ride with him in the bush". I chatted about it with him for a while, explained that you can fit road and offroad wheels on it and he was sold on the idea. Guess who had the last laugh?

• Like 4

Favorite memory is worst memory, came into a turn too hot......at night. Over slid the turn and rode my bike off a bridge into a stream bed. Mid bail, I planted my bike between two boulders, and some mud. When I kicked off I was butt to end of sub frame. And I cleanly snapped my sub frame at the triangulation point ( luckily can tig and had access to a great welder) dented original s fork tubes badly on the boulders, eventually got my buddies forks for a song n a dance when he put rmz450 forks on his. took me and 3 friends to extract my.bike.

Second fav, hit a " baby head" and bucked my bike down a shale slide on Santiago peak while I was slowed down by a road reflector caught on my groinal regions. I have fun memories, but the life threatening good outcome ones are my fav stories.

We had a group of 4-5 hoonigans over the last 7 yrs.

LONG LIVE THE GWH !!!

Edited by BLKRAWB
  • Like 2

when it was brand new, first time riding it in the dirt i was takingthe back way home from work on a trail i knew about but hadnt ridden in a long time .. one spot i knew there was a 'little' jump consisting of a washed out hole and a double whoopdy-do, so i came around the corner and gunned it .. anyway, the spot had changed dramatically, and i hit it about 50 and it launched me about as high as the tree tops haha .. i saw my life flash before my eyes, but the dizzer landed on the other side smooth as butter .. thats when i fell in love with it ..

Did that on a mild table turned blind- double on the " troy Lee trail" out here by troy lees shop, and took a fiddy( 110cc long traveled version )fender to the groinals. Ended like the "leach" scene in stand by me. No joke Edited by BLKRAWB
  • Like 2