18" vs 19" rear with Tubliss on YZ450

2 replies to this topic
  • atropine

Posted September 28, 2014 - 06:41 PM

Hi all-
I have a 2010 YZ450F and stock wheels that are petty beat up. I have been reading about the Tubliss system and want to try it out. I am considering buying a new 18" rear wheel when I do this. I don't do any motocross and I am too old to do any jumping. Just desert riding. Is going to an 18" rear a bad idea in any way, other than limiting some tire choices (for example, no Dunlop MX32 available in 18")?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WouldsAssassin

Posted October 03, 2014 - 04:24 PM

I have an 18" rear on my 2011. For your use an 18" rim would be beneficial as the taller sidewalls will offer a smoother ride. There are actually more tire options in 18" than 19".

• mdsharon

Posted October 06, 2014 - 12:02 PM

I have an 18" rear on my 2011. For your use an 18" rim would be beneficial as the taller sidewalls will offer a smoother ride. There are actually more tire options in 18" than 19".

Yes it is worth putting on 18 rim smooths out everything and tames bike down.  love mine!!!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.