Suggestions on upgrades for race season!

7 replies to this topic
  • Juice222

Posted September 27, 2014 - 05:53 PM

Alright to start I have been riding for 20 years now and have just purchased my first brand new bike. A 2015 yzf 450. Although i have a lot of riding under my belt I've never raced motocross before but I am going to next year. My question is, what do you guys suggest I do to my new ride to get her ready for race season? So far I'm set on getting the suspension set up, skid plate and rad braces. What else?! I'm in canada so I got all winter to get her dialed in lol. Also as far the skid plate and braces, any suggestion on brand or style?

• Muffintop

Posted September 27, 2014 - 09:05 PM

Enduro Engineering 

• gimped up

Posted September 27, 2014 - 09:47 PM

Yup^^^^^

• Juice222

Posted September 28, 2014 - 05:32 AM

Yeah I looked into the enduro engineering braces they look solid

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gimped up

Posted September 28, 2014 - 06:24 PM

Yup, short list.
EE!
Has all you need.

• gimped up

Posted September 28, 2014 - 06:26 PM

I have to say, their gripper seats are the best seat I've used. Even in heavy mud conditions.

• bigbird192

Posted September 29, 2014 - 06:36 PM

I have several EE products on my 2014 YZ450F. I have a full skid plate. It is well built and fits ok, but it's a real pain to put on, especially when I have to take it off for every oil change. I also have their full handguards. They are pretty good. I also have their radiator braces. The braces add at least a half inch of width right where the bike already feels wide. I feel like I am straddling a bull when I move forward for a tight corner. I race desert hare scrambles, so I think I will leave them on, but if I were only racing motocross, they would have come off after the first ride.

Bottom line is that they do make solid products, but be prepared for a sizable trade-off in comfort if you get the rad braces.

• Juice222

Posted September 30, 2014 - 03:28 PM

I have several EE products on my 2014 YZ450F. I have a full skid plate. It is well built and fits ok, but it's a real pain to put on, especially when I have to take it off for every oil change. I also have their full handguards. They are pretty good. I also have their radiator braces. The braces add at least a half inch of width right where the bike already feels wide. I feel like I am straddling a bull when I move forward for a tight corner. I race desert hare scrambles, so I think I will leave them on, but if I were only racing motocross, they would have come off after the first ride.
Bottom line is that they do make solid products, but be prepared for a sizable trade-off in comfort if you get the rad braces.

. Thanks for the info, I hadn't heard about them making that much of a difference in width. Glad I didn't order them yet!

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.