Carburetor expert needed 07 YZ450f @ 5000ft altitude

2 replies to this topic
  • icon27

Posted September 27, 2014 - 11:52 AM

I have a 2007 Yamaha yz450f. I live at 5000 ft above sea level and need advise. I have read some members say the stock jetting setting are a lean setup at sea level. I have used an excel spread sheet that says at 5000 ft and 70 degrees I should be running a 152 main jet, a 42 pilot jet, and the needle setting at 3rd position. I have not tested this new setting but when I had it set to a 152 main, a 42 pilot, and needle at 4th groove I would run lean and have a great amount of back fire on deceleration. I don't want to damage the motor by running lean, so I was thinking of going with a 157 main, 45 pilot and clip position 3 on the needle. Anyone have experience at this altitude with an 07 yz450f? HELP? Grayracer513 are you still around?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted September 27, 2014 - 05:26 PM

I've successfully ridden my YZ'D WR 450 at that feet. With normal jetting and it ran fine.
Decel popping is only the pilot jet. You can get less popping with a larger pilot. But it will still pop on decel.

• grayracer513

Posted September 27, 2014 - 07:03 PM

Read:

http://www.thumperta...tting-database/

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.