change needle with out removing carb

Yeah. Take of the tank and loosen the clamps on the carb. Rotate the carb to the left and you can take the slide out.

Have you actually done this before? It's a little different situation, but I once tried doing the same thing to remove the float bowl and change my pilot jet (mikuni carb). The black oil separator/recovery box was in the way and didn't allow me to rotate it enough. The hose clamps were in such tight spots to remove it that I just ended up pulling the carb instead.

Have you actually done this before? It's a little different situation, but I once tried doing the same thing to remove the float bowl and change my pilot jet (mikuni carb). The black oil separator/recovery box was in the way and didn't allow me to rotate it enough. The hose clamps were in such tight spots to remove it that I just ended up pulling the carb instead.

Yea, last Saturday. It will twist just enough to get to the screws on top. The float bowl? No. You have to remove the recovery tank to get it to twist to the right. This is on a stock carb.