Clicking sound on hard throttle?

2 replies to this topic
  • yuppivore

Posted September 27, 2014 - 04:30 AM

Hi guys! I just bought a 05 WR450F, and this forum has been great so far... a few things to do on it - grey wire, airbox, jet etc. All the info on here has been great!

But I've got a problem - on hard throttle (as in WOT) I hear like a clicking or ticking sound that sounds like its coming from the engine, or maybe the header area. Its kind hard to figure out where because I cant but my head right next to it on WOT! Does anyone know what this is? I think I also get it on WOT when in low revs - so hard torque? Could it be related to that?

I've also got a problem where the engine dies like the idle is too low - but only when hot and closed throttle and at a standstill - so no engine braking. I've done some searches and I'm going to clean the carb and replace the pilot jet. Hopefully that fixes it!

Any clues on the clicking/ticking sound? I couldn't find anything on it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • redhurricane

Posted September 29, 2014 - 01:50 PM

Are you hearing "chain slap" on the swingarm?

• yuppivore

Posted October 01, 2014 - 11:18 PM

Unsure. Since that post I've installed a full FMF system and redone the jetting with a JD kit. I cant hear it anymore... either because the exhaust is now too loud to hear it or the problem is gone. I was afraid it might've been valves or something?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.