2012+ WR450 Headlight upgrade questions.

5 replies to this topic
  • cassinova90

Posted September 21, 2014 - 02:59 AM

Hi all looking to upgrade my WR's headlight to one of these, http://www.cyclopsad...bulb-_p_83.html  Question is will I need the rectifier? I am told the WR's headlight is a/c however when stop or stall the bike the headlight remains on ? would that mean the headlight works on dc once the bike is stopped ?

Can someone shed some light on this topic ( pun not intended ) ?

• cracker please

Posted September 21, 2014 - 04:59 AM

They changed it in 12.  All the stator output gets converted to DC.  That looks cool.  I don't ride much at night but I think I want one.

Edited by cracker please, September 21, 2014 - 05:05 AM.

• cassinova90

Posted September 21, 2014 - 04:07 PM

That's interesting , does that mean that Any HID light will work also ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bobpara

Posted September 22, 2014 - 07:53 AM

I put an 80/100 W H4 bulb in mine and it works pretty good

Battery charges fine

$8.00 for the bulb

• Spud786

Posted December 21, 2014 - 06:47 AM

After 2012 electrical converts to DC(that's good to know).

How much extra amperage is available, I see a larger bulb may work with stock stator, but what about any accessories?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 21, 2014 - 07:17 AM

I put in a Ricky Stator HID bulb and ballast that all fits in the stock location.  Very very bright.

It's about $125, and you have to call and ask for it, as it is not listed on their website.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.