^^This^^  If you have the stage 1 needle the jetting you have is way too rich.  You really must find out what needle you have.  

Alright, thanks guys. Ill try and figure out what needle I have. I havent heard anything from the PO yet.

Does anyone have measures of a stage 1 or 2 needle? Or are there anything specific I can look for that separates those two needles?

If you can't find out what kit was installed it may be easier to just try the stock 142.5 Mikuni main jet and the clip on the 4th slot from the top and see if that works. That's the jet most people start with for the stage 1 DJ kit.  

Only problem is that I dont have my stock 142.5 mail jet  ?

The PO told me he would mail the entire jet kit to me, but I never got it. Its months ago now. 

Wish the jet kits were cheaper and I would have bought one, but Im trying to save up for an FCR 39 now. Ill try and find a local dealer who sells single jets and try some smaller ones. 

Finding out off the PO which kit you have will make things easier and perhaps less costly...Anyway to contact he or she.?

Yeah Ill try, havent heard anything from him.

remove the muffler endcap and make sure nothing is plugging it up , do the same on air filter if you had that off

I have checked the air filter, but I will check the muffler. I can see a spark arrestor atleast, will remove the end cap and see if there is a db killer there.

Yeah Ill try, havent heard anything from him.

I have checked the air filter, but I will check the muffler. I can see a spark arrestor atleast, will remove the end cap and see if there is a db killer there.

just make sure nothing is plugged up , they run good with the q-insert and sparky if nothing else is wrong

• Like 2

just make sure nothing is plugged up , they run good with the q-insert and sparky if nothing else is wrong

Looks fine, couldnt see anything clogging it up. 

I just asked a local bikeshop if they had any jetting kits for my bike, and they had a dynojet stage 1 kit. They want $45 for it, but isnt stage 1 wrong when I got an open MRD ProComp exhaust? 

Edit: Nevermind, the jet kit was both stage 1 & 2 so I got a pretty good price there. Should I go for it? Im concerned it might be something else than the jetting. 

Aaaand, could it possibly be anything else than the jetting? Because it happends at any thottle position, it is rpm related.  :unsure: 

Edited by osteper

JD jet kits seem to have the favor here, but I haven't had any problem with DJ jet kits on my previous bikes.

Yeah, would have ordered the JD kit if they had them in stock. 

Just ordered the DJ kit, hope this solves the problem. 

Looks fine, couldnt see anything clogging it up. 

I just asked a local bikeshop if they had any jetting kits for my bike, and they had a dynojet stage 1 kit. They want $45 for it, but isnt stage 1 wrong when I got an open MRD ProComp exhaust? 

Edit: Nevermind, the jet kit was both stage 1 & 2 so I got a pretty good price there. Should I go for it? Im concerned it might be something else than the jetting. 

Aaaand, could it possibly be anything else than the jetting? Because it happends at any thottle position, it is rpm related.  :unsure: 

its very hard to diagnose a problem without hearing it run , post a vid if you can

its very hard to diagnose a problem without hearing it run , post a vid if you can

I dont got the bike here atm, but I will post a video as soon as I can.

There is no special sound when it happends, it just runs very bad when it hits the flat spot. No misfire or anything like that. 

osteper,

Can you go over the problem in full detail at this time? I have read all three pages of this thread and it seems every post has a little more information.

I could sum things up. Too bad I dont have a GoPro, I might get to borrow one and record for you guys. 

Well, the problem is that the bike stops pulling completely at a certain rpm. When I reach 96km/h in 5th gear it wont go any faster, its just like a limiter (It happens in every gear, just used 5th gear as an example of that it limits on a certain rpm).

There are no signs of the engine misfiring or anything when it happens, sounds completely normal.

To get over this "limit area" I need to gear down, but it still doesn't pull as good as it should. 

I am going home this weekend, and hopefully the jetkit has arrived. If that doesn't help Ill try to post a video about the problem. 

I just installed the DJ jet kit today. I found out that the needle I already had was a JD needle. 

First I tried 160MJ and clip 3 on the needle. Problem still there, just as bad as it has allways been.

Then I tried 155MJ and clip 3. Problem still there, but not quite as bad as it has been. But its still there, any idea what to do? 150MJ? Sounds kinda small, hmm.

Well, thats it I guess, bike is going to a shop. No one seem to know what the problem is, and I have tried "everything".

I tried several combinations of the DJ jets today, and the hesitation was still there.