does the 450 headpipe fit an 01 426?

1 reply to this topic
  • dooweb2

Posted January 30, 2004 - 07:13 AM

are all the head pipes interchangeable from the yz450's and the wr 426,wr 450's onto an 01 yz 426? do they all perform the same? or is the wr series detuned?I want to mate up just the head pipe to a Yz can and intermediate pipe. do any other brands mate up to stock system? thanks Jeff.
by the way I need a head pipe for a cust lol. cheap is good 50.00 isnt cheap.he doesnt want one with bad bend in the pipe.(someone offered me a real cheap one with good bend in it. thanks but he wanted to wait )

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted January 30, 2004 - 07:37 AM

Yes. We put a head pipe off a 01 YZF426 and put it on a 03 WR450. It works great. My bro-in-law pretzel'd the titanium header and a $25 stainless was cheaper than the $245 titanium one. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.