wr450f start/kiill switch

4 replies to this topic
  • fitzhugh

Posted September 19, 2014 - 02:29 PM

my wr450f ignition switch activates the starter. when I hit the kill switch the starter still tries to start the bike.  anybody have this issue?

• stevethe

Posted September 19, 2014 - 06:37 PM

I don't know of anybody with that issue. Sounds like you have some wires crossed or you are missing the ground somewhere.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted September 19, 2014 - 08:55 PM

my wr450f ignition switch activates the starter. when I hit the kill switch the starter still tries to start the bike.  anybody have this issue?

Can't comprehend your description

• cassinova90

Posted September 21, 2014 - 04:09 PM

I would say broken wire around the headstock , either that or someone has reversed the start and stop plugs ? Either way not normal . Best bet would be to remove the witch and check with a multimeter on the ohms range.

• DrFeelGood

Posted September 22, 2014 - 05:54 PM

So, when you push the ignition on button (next to the display) the starter starts whirling over?

Sounds like your starter button next to the throttle is busted.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.