WR450F 2007 purchase.about cush drive for it ? help please

4 replies to this topic
  • yammywr250f

Posted September 19, 2014 - 07:46 AM

hi all im looking at getting a wr450f and it has the stock wheels rims on it and i was wondering what a cush drive is?

it is road registered atm i will have dot approved knobbies on it (not road slicks) and  i was wondering do i  need a cush drive or is cush drive only needed for road tyres, I Dont want to stress my tranny by riding on road. Help is muchly appreciated. 

• William1

Posted September 19, 2014 - 07:50 AM

No, it is not a critical item. It does reduce drive-line shock.

If things like cush drive are a concern, it is possible a race bike like a WR450 may not be the best choice for you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted September 19, 2014 - 11:01 AM

hi all im looking at getting a wr450f and it has the stock wheels rims on it and i was wondering what a cush drive is?

it is road registered atm i will have dot approved knobbies on it (not road slicks) and  i was wondering do i  need a cush drive or is cush drive only needed for road tyres, I Dont want to stress my tranny by riding on road. Help is muchly appreciated. 

You don't need it

I have been through (4) WR's and have never had a lower end problem of any kind, and I THRASH my bike on the street.

• yammywr250f

Posted September 19, 2014 - 10:23 PM

Ok I was just curious coz I want to be on the safe side thanks all for the time to respond thanks

• stevethe

Posted September 20, 2014 - 08:10 AM

I have over 10,000 mi. on a street supermoto. No issues.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.