Idle adjuster screw stuck

2 replies to this topic
  • Rivis

Posted September 18, 2014 - 09:10 PM

I need advice, the idle speed adjuster seems stuck, used 03 450 that have been causing me headaches. Have done top end but seems to idle very high when warm

When i tried to adjust its stuckImageUploadedByThumper Talk1411101926.949619.jpg

What is the best way to loosen bolt going through tbe body of the carb?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rivis

Posted September 18, 2014 - 09:27 PM

Hust to be clear..... Its the knob you turn to adjust idle speed when bike is at operating temp

• grayracer513

Posted September 19, 2014 - 06:52 AM

Spray it down with a good penetrant like PB Blaster and let it soak for an hour.  Heat the carb body with a hair drier (or even leave it out in the direct midday sun) and grab the exposed metal of the shank below the tension spring to help turn it....

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.