Wr450f gearing questions, opinions please?

1 reply to this topic
  • ShiggzLTRWR

Posted September 18, 2014 - 12:03 PM

My street legal wr450 has 14/45 now. I have had it up to 94mph so far, but that that was "just to see". I have a 50t and think I want to put that on.. 1: how much difference will that make? Alot lower than i have now? I know 3 on rear is like 1 on front, but i am talking seat of the pants feel? 2: how many link chain do I have to buy? .. Also do any of U run lower than stock gearing? Thank You for any help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wintyfresh

Posted September 18, 2014 - 12:27 PM

Play around with http://www.gearingcommander.com/ and you'll get a good idea of how the rpms at various speeds change. 

I'm running 13/50 on my dirt set, but about to go 14/50 for desert season and 14/44 for my supermoto wheels. Seat of the pants-wise going up five teeth in the rear you'll definitely find the bike making more power and easier to lift the front end. 

Edited by Wintyfresh, September 18, 2014 - 12:28 PM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.