need shock rebuild tips

1 reply to this topic
  • MikeOK

Posted January 26, 2002 - 06:14 AM

My shock is the only thing on my bike left for me to re-build. You guys got any tips on this job? Any special tools I need? Tips? Thanks in advance...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoman393

Posted January 26, 2002 - 04:03 PM

The shock is real easy to do, in comparison to forks IMO (especially if you are just changing the oil)! Download the Race Tech instructions on my site and there is 2 pages that go over assembly/reassembly. The only "special" tool you need is to modify a small flathead screwdriver (sharpen and bend it) so that you can take out the circlips easier, they are tricky until you figure out what way works best! Good Luck,

Garrett

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.