2009 Kx250f Cuts out after a few minutes

So I just shimmed my valves, completely rebuild and cleaned the carburetor and replaced the spark plug. I got the bike started and tuned the carb and rode it around the block. About 3/4 of the way around the block the bike just suddenly died... No bog.. No sputter.. Didn't back fire.. It just fell on its face. It will however idle forever, but once I click it into gear and roll in around for a minute or so it happens again. 

If I let the bike sit for about 3-5 min it will fire right back up and run like a champ for the same amount of time then die again. I am completely stumped on this one. My only thoughts are one of the three things I know to look for..

Vapor lock from a stuck closed fuel tank breather

Bad ground

Bad Coil (Heating up under load) 

I did not have time lastnight to test any of these theory's so I will attempt to pin it down tonight, but just for the sake of saving time has anyone experienced the same or similar issues with a KX and have some input to help me out here? 

Thanks in advance! 

Not jetting.

Posted to the KX250F forum

I'm just wondering but, why isn't there a more generalized technical portion of the forum? The only reason I ask is because now that my post has been moved to the KX portion of the forum, only people looking at KX's will see the post. Leaving out other's that may have had similar if not the same exact problems on another make or model... Just seem's like it narrows my chances of actually finding a solution. Not by any means trying to b***h here I am genuinely asking. 

What kind of bike do you have?

What are the general specs for your ignition coil?

Specs for the stator?

Specs for the crank position sender?

Generally, a problem like you describe is a bad tank vent (as the fuel drains, if the space does not get filled with air, the fuel stops flowing), debris in the bottom of the carb (running churns the crap up and it covers a jet) or a failing stator(get hot and fails completely).

Electrical issues are completely unique to your model bike. In your question, you specifically ask if another KX-F owner has had the issue.

What kind of bike do you have?

What are the general specs for your ignition coil?

Specs for the stator?

Specs for the crank position sender?

Generally, a problem like you describe is a bad tank vent (as the fuel drains, if the space does not get filled with air, the fuel stops flowing), debris in the bottom of the carb (running churns the crap up and it covers a jet) or a failing stator(get hot and fails completely).

Electrical issues are completely unique to your model bike. In your question, you specifically ask if another KX-F owner has had the issue.

I somewhat agree with the last portion of that. The spec's may be make and model specific but symptoms and causes can be identical. It was just a question tho, thought maybe it would be more beneficial to have a separate generalized technical issue section. 

Im going to start it up, get it warm and check all of the electrical to see if I can find the fault. 

I personally don't believe its the stator  just because of the fact that it will run and idle for ever, but once its been ridden around for a minute it dies. At least in my experience a faulty stator has different symptoms. (Something that was actually diagnosed on this forum by a KX owner on my yzf426 a few years back) 

If anyone has any more input please don't hesitate, im open to all ideas at this point. I wanted to go ride tomorrow afternoon @ the Friday Night Practice but the looks of it that may be out of the question. 

Check the simple stuff first.

Your bike was apart for some time. That immediately steers e to a venting or carb debris issue.

Yeah I'm going to warm it up with the aftermarket vent removed. If it dies again Ill wait, fire it up and check electrical. 

I know the carb is clean because I soaked the parts in bar-sol and cleaned with tip cleaners, compressed air  and tiny brushes. It is literally spotless.

more than likely your float is getting stuck and not dumping more fuel into the carb bowl or maybe could your kill switch be grounding out, or improper hot start routing (getting pulled when your bars move)... probably not but I would think something like this would only be affected when you get moving... putting my $ on float valve though.

Edited by Popps