Dual sport riders in CT, NJ, NY area please help

5 replies to this topic
  • 300lbsgorilla

Posted September 17, 2014 - 06:49 PM

I have recently been offered a new position in Hawthorne NY.  The people who work there live in NJ, NY, or CT.  I don't know where I would live if I take the position. 

My question is can I still keep my wr450 plated?  It is currently plated in MO so I don't know if it transfers or not.  Also even if it does is there any reason to have a dual sport in the area?

If anyone has advice please let me know.

• beezer

Posted September 18, 2014 - 05:44 AM

Not a problem that I know of in NJ.  Lots of us have plated bikes.

We always go to a DMV in the ghetto to get the paperwork done.

Tons of riding around here.

• 300lbsgorilla

Posted September 19, 2014 - 05:13 AM

Thanks for the info.  That makes it tough to decide on a job then.  The other option is Utah.   Where to ride...where to ride?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beezer

Posted September 19, 2014 - 07:38 AM

I'd say Utah.

• jufberg

Posted September 19, 2014 - 08:20 AM

Utah and I live in nj

• 300lbsgorilla

Posted September 20, 2014 - 06:44 AM

Yeah.  I know Utah pretty well and it is my first choice. Just need to make sure the job pays for the toys and I have a place to use them.  

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.