2012 WR450

8 replies to this topic
  • waltersobchak

Posted September 17, 2014 - 02:35 PM

Going to install a front number plate and remove the headlight on my '12
WR 450. The piece in the picture is mounted to the bracket behind the headlight and I have no idea what it is. Can someone identify this please. Hopefully the picture uploaded.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1410993250691.jpg

• cracker please

Posted September 17, 2014 - 04:12 PM

I'm not sure what it's for but it's a resistor.

• mc1hd

Posted September 17, 2014 - 05:23 PM

Do not remove it unless you do not want your low fuel light not to work, the light will stay lit without it.

• waltersobchak

Posted September 18, 2014 - 02:45 AM

Do not remove it unless you do not want your low fuel light not to work, the light will stay lit without it.

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mch

Posted September 18, 2014 - 12:45 PM

I wish they made a GYTR number plate that used the existing mount points, but just ditched the light.  Anyone know of anything?

• bradgross71

Posted September 18, 2014 - 03:22 PM

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1411082529.717791.jpg

• Itsbroken

Posted September 18, 2014 - 07:11 PM

Going to install a front number plate and remove the headlight on my '12
WR 450. The piece in the picture is mounted to the bracket behind the headlight and I have no idea what it is. Can someone identify this please. Hopefully the picture uploaded.

I had a couple of mounts I machined for that. Send me an email address and I will send you some pictures of it. I used a yz250 number plate and it went right on. Also was able to keep ignition and engine light in a clean spot.

If I still have the program in the ccn I can run one next week for you. If not you can have mine, I won't need it anymore.

• Monk

Posted September 18, 2014 - 08:43 PM

Want to sell your stock headlight?

• waltersobchak

Posted September 19, 2014 - 03:34 AM

Want to sell your stock headlight?

Not at this time.  In a couple months I will probably change my mind go back to the headlight.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.