CTi 2 Knee Braces -- Free?

5 replies to this topic
  • bullitboy

Posted January 26, 2002 - 06:10 AM

ANyone able to shed any light on the ad for CTi's that state they are covered by most insurance? Anyone used this method to get knee braces, what were the circumstances? Thnx

• MN_Kevin

Posted January 26, 2002 - 01:39 PM

Yes, free.

But, I REQUIRED major knee surgery. :)

• Jeremy

Posted January 26, 2002 - 05:07 PM

Yeah, insurance will pay for them if you can get a doctor to write a prescription saying that you require two knee braces (what $1,200?) for two perfectly healthy knees. Good luck. My doc wouldn't do it. I've heard some will, but I doubt it happens often. That's why Asterisk (the same manuf as CTI2) sells for $550 off the shelf. Cheaper, seems to be as good, just not as customized to your knee. Call your doctor and see how lucky you get.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Roostn67

Posted January 27, 2002 - 05:20 PM

I actually got Kiaser Permanete to write me a perscription for one brace. It was after an injury but one that did not require surgery. I convinced them that it was a preventative situation and they went for it. I would really like to get the other side someday.

Roostn in Golden

• canadianbeast

Posted January 27, 2002 - 05:40 PM

I pulled some ligaments and I got one for my right knee and it was covered by insurance(I'm on my parents cause I'm still in school). The Dr was cool about it and understood why I wanted it. I also couldn't ride for a few weeks cause of the knee so it wasn't like I was faking it or anything. I hurt my other knee last summer but not nearly as bad but they wouldn't do it. Get the Astrisk braces...they are nice.

• G-Man

Posted January 27, 2002 - 07:54 PM

Yes you can get them for free, if you have a cool doc, you can fake pain and tell them you did it playing ball & stick sports. NEVER I REPEAT NEVER tell your doc you injured yourself riding those "dangerous m/c's!" if you can help it.

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.