Building a '12 WR450F Rallyfrom MecaSystems - Other mods?

1 reply to this topic
  • s1lVa

Posted September 15, 2014 - 09:43 AM

Im currently building a rallybike from MecaSystems. The bike is originally from California so its extremly restricted.

The mecasystem does some changes to the air intake and the exhaust, but are there other mods i should consider?
The main goal for this bike is reliability, not HP since its going to do long stages over a week or so. HP is a plus though :)

I have no experience with dirtbikes, only have years of experience with Roadracing/SBK, but treat me as a dirtbike newb :)

ive also got a hold of a racing ecu and the engine FI tool

Attached Thumbnails

• 2014-09-15 17.46.04.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted September 15, 2014 - 03:00 PM

Follow MecaSystems advice closely

They are the experts at what you are trying  to do

They will recommend a specific map for the exhaust and airbox set up they sell, hopefully. 

Do not modify the motor internally, as the 5-valve motor is indestructable stock.

Suspension, ergos, and protection are the main areas to focus on.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.