timing chain inquiry

5 replies to this topic
  • perspective_

Posted September 14, 2014 - 11:12 PM

I'm looking to buy a new timing chain for my 08 yz45f. I usuallybdo my shopping onbrocky mountain atv and when I did the "machins specific" search for timing chains it came up with the Hot Cams chain and the Pro X chain. I was hoping someone on here with experience could tell me
which timimg chain would be the best to buy. Your input is greatly appreciated!!

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 15, 2014 - 05:02 AM

This is a jetting forum

You should post in the yz450 forum

GO WITH YAMAHA STOCK CHAIN as they are very good

• grayracer513

Posted September 15, 2014 - 10:45 AM

The $60 ProX chain is a Borg-Warner Japan product.  The $20 OEM chain is a Borg-Warner Japan product.  If you simply have $40 that you don't want, send it to me instead and buy the OEM chain.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DBOBYZ450

Posted September 15, 2014 - 12:40 PM

as gray said go oem, both my chains have had over 100hrs on them,replaced with the tensioner (on my third set), if oem wasnt god enough it would have been installed.

• drtrcr400

Posted September 15, 2014 - 12:42 PM

You can get the oem chain from rmatv under the oem section.

• grayracer513

Posted September 15, 2014 - 01:03 PM

Or the TT Store.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.