SRC Handguards

1 reply to this topic
  • Freezer

Posted May 03, 2001 - 09:50 PM

To anyone that has them:

(1) intstallation problem
(2) using risers with them

(1)
did you have any trouble installing them, or getting them to install properly using the the plastic tube inserts into the handlebars?

With my first installation to my Renthal Jimmy Button-highs, I couldn't get the guards to tighten up properly. My first ride, I bent the heck out of them.

SCR replaced them with no hassle. However, I'm having the same problem again. Anybody else have this problem?

(2)
Anybody figure out how to use handlebar risers with these things, since they mount to the triple clamp?

Any help would be appreciated.

Freezer

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 03, 2001 - 03:54 PM

Freezer, I had to buy the offset bar mounts for my Applied triple clamp, so it moved the bar forward and +10 up. The SRC bar mounts will not work with anything but the standard bar mounts.
Its a real bummer for me, because I really wanted to use them and now that I have put 1.5" Thumper bar risers on my bike there is no chace in hell I will ever be able to put any on unless SRC comes up with something for guys that have raised their bars up.

I tried and tried to think of a way to use them and I had to give them away to someone that could use them. Bummer. :)

------------------
Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F
Enduro Heaven

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.