EB Quicksilver Question

4 replies to this topic
  • CAM2R

Posted January 29, 2004 - 07:07 PM

Trying to get the QS setup and running right. The bike - uncorked, drilled tip stock exhaust. The symptom - surging at low speed and as I back off the throttle. I've been back and forth with the Metering adjustment tool (red knob). If it runs right otherwise - is this normal? Should I suspect a manifold leak if it runs and pulls well otherwise?

Also curious about the "enrichener" My carb has no such device - should it? I may have to call Edelbrock, but I'm sure that more help will come from TT'rs :)

• jbrown404

Posted January 29, 2004 - 07:31 PM

I bought a QS for my bike a couple of months ago and it did'nt come with an enrichener either. I'm still trying to get my carb dialed in as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • big t

Posted January 29, 2004 - 09:17 PM

Where did ya'll buy the carbs from? Do they have any tech support? How much did you pay? I think I'm going to get one in a couple of months.

• Thummper

Posted February 02, 2004 - 06:35 AM

The surging is a symptom that you do need to adjust your carbs usings its meeting tool. I cant remember if that means it is running rich or lean. You manual has this symptom listed and how to correct it.

• CAM2R

Posted February 02, 2004 - 07:08 AM

Paid about $450 and Edelbrock has a tool free tech line

Of all things to try... RTFM yes I did refer back to the manual and there it is! - still too rich. The installed needle dialed all the way down is a bit rich for me right now, so I'll swap it out and readjust. I ran a new plug for a few miles and pulled it - super sooty! I still rode it yesterday without changing the needle and the bike pulled hard and fast. Can't say that I dumped it over "intentionally" to check it on the restarts :) , but it did fire back up with ease when I stood it back up. All in all I can tell this is gonna be a fun addition to the bike.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  186 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.