02 426 carb issue

2 replies to this topic
  • amamx19

Posted September 12, 2014 - 10:27 AM

Let me start by saying, out of the whole bike this is what I know the least about.
Well after and whole motor rebuild, got her all back together and tried to start the bike without luck. For some reason it don't seem like the ac pump is working (not spraying out the intake), so I pulled the carb apart and checked all jets, needle, all the main stuff. I then pulled the diaphragm cover off, not really knowing how it worked I squeezed it ( smh, got gas all over me ha). So I'm thinking it's still good, no tears or cracks and it looks like it does what it's suppose to. Now I'm lost!

Help please?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted September 12, 2014 - 11:19 AM

Are you getting spark?
Sometimes the pilot/starting jet looks clean but isn't. They are so cheap and easy to swap I would just put a new one in.
Maybe you have already done this but compression check?

• amamx19

Posted September 12, 2014 - 02:29 PM

well to be honest I took the carb apart couple times and the last time I put it together it works fine now... I like those fixes but hate them.

So I just took the bike out for the break-in ride, runs pretty good but it wants to run better with the choke on. I did the bk mod right before I put the carb back on. I don't know if that could cause it or what?

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.