XR600/650L seat covers the same?

10 replies to this topic
  • Rover31

Posted January 29, 2004 - 06:05 PM

Are the seat covers for 600s the same as 650Ls?
Thanks
Travis

• Chorbelt

Posted January 29, 2004 - 08:05 PM

once you take off the grab strap, yep.

• Rover31

Posted January 29, 2004 - 09:03 PM

cool thanks :)

• TZAR

Posted January 30, 2004 - 02:01 PM

TD,

I installed a Ceet/Gripper on my XR650L and from the tag it looked like it was for a XR600 too...

Few notes:
- Be patient, I had a #$%@^#@$! of a time getting the cover to fit like OEM (small folds etc...). My hands got torn up trying to stretch the dang thing...

- Get a good staple gun, its narrow in parts and the staples don't always stick... Powered gun would have been nice...

End-run, I thought this would be a "simple" project; it turned into kinda a nightmare... I wish I had kept my OEM cover and figured something else out...

Just one-mans-opinion... Best of luck...

TZAR
:)

• michaeln

Posted January 30, 2004 - 03:46 PM

TD,

I installed a Ceet/Gripper on my XR650L and from the tag it looked like it was for a XR600 too...

Few notes:
- Be patient, I had a #$%@^#@$! of a time getting the cover to fit like OEM (small folds etc...). My hands got torn up trying to stretch the dang thing...

- Get a good staple gun, its narrow in parts and the staples don't always stick... Powered gun would have been nice...

End-run, I thought this would be a "simple" project; it turned into kinda a nightmare... I wish I had kept my OEM cover and figured something else out...

Just one-mans-opinion... Best of luck...

TZAR
:)

I did the CEET cover on my XR650L too. I agree, it's MUCH MUCH harder to do than they make it out to be. I have a big staple gun, went and got the 1/4" staples, and most of them just bounced off the plastic seat base. And I couldn't fit it into some of the places I needed to get staples. I ended up taking it to a place that does motorcycle seat reupholstery, and it took HIM an hour to do it using a heat gun and a big air-powered stapler. If I had it to do over again I'd have skipped buying the cover (although it looks great and I like the anti-slip gripper stuff) and just had the guy do it with his own materials. He charged me sixty bucks to install it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rover31

Posted January 30, 2004 - 07:16 PM

He charged me sixty bucks to install it.

Wow that's good to know
Maybe I will wait to change it. I was looking a some covers on e-bay thinking oh that would be cool a new seat cover. Now maybe I will wait till I actually need one.
Travis
<><

• Squash

Posted January 31, 2004 - 03:40 AM

A couple years back, I got my RD400's seat reupholstered at an automotive upholstery shop, the guy did an awesome job, he used really high quality materials that seemed like they would outlast the yamaha seat, and it cost me about a hundred bucks. I would definately reccomend the process to anyone who is considering a seat cover.

• AzMtnThumper

Posted January 31, 2004 - 05:41 AM

He charged me sixty bucks to install it.

....that seems a little excessive to me. I recently bought my bro in law a new Ceet seat foam and cover for his quad and had it installed by local upholstery (sp) guy, becuase it looked like it would be a bear of a job. Twenty minutes after I dropped it off the guy calls and says its done The cost was $15 and the seat looks great.

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted February 08, 2004 - 07:54 AM

Yep, a furniture upholstery place by my house in Spokane did mine for $20 and it looks sweet!

• PoorLilRich

Posted February 08, 2004 - 11:23 AM

i have a91xr600

whats the last year they were made anyway

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted February 08, 2004 - 04:18 PM

2000 for the XR600R, the XR650L is still in production.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.