Yamaha wr426 brake light help

3 replies to this topic
  • carlloktm

Posted September 10, 2014 - 12:28 PM

Hi everyone just wondering if anyone can help with wiring a brake light really.

Iv got the yellow live for power, the head light an tail light work at the min but I can't figure out how to get the brake light to come on and if that's same as making the high/low beam work

(it's a led tail/brake light by the way)

• fdme

Posted September 10, 2014 - 06:14 PM

You need to have a hydraulic switch connected in place of the original rear caliper banjo bolt and wired into the tailight loom, otherwise the tailight will just be a running light... Or are you asking how to wire the brake light into the loom? I can't remember how I had mine but here... this might help.

Just FYI my WR stator lacked the power to sufficiently light up the tailight, brake light and head light at the same time, they where all just very very dim when used at the same time, unless I had the RPMS way up. Switched it back to just a running tailight so I could see at night when going through slow twisty trails.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • carlloktm

Posted September 10, 2014 - 10:05 PM

Thanks for your help!

Iv got the rear brake switch but the wiring wasn't great so I'm starting from fresh, there's yellow and black for lights pretty much isn't there. The headlight and tail light both work fine

I'm just confused how I get the extra braking light to come on, positive and negative coming from the bike then iv got the 2 switch wires and 3 wires from the led tail light ? Confusing lol but where do I get the extra power from tail light to brake light

Il upload a picture when I can

• fdme

Posted September 12, 2014 - 12:45 PM

Ok so if your tailight works already, this should be pretty simple.

You need to take one wire from the hydraulic tailight switch and connect it to the unused wire from your brake light, by default it is yellow but since yours is aftermarket it could vary... Either way it should be the one wire from the three coming from your tailight that isnt being used.

Then take the other wire from the hydraulic tailight switch and connect it to the tailight wire (tail light power) which by default is blue.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Edited by fdme, September 12, 2014 - 12:46 PM.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.