lubrication

1 reply to this topic
  • redrider650r

Posted January 29, 2004 - 01:55 PM

Is there any special grease or recommended grease to use for my throttle cable? I just replaced my throttle sleeve and was browsing through my manual and it said to grease the cable where it connects to the sleeve and also grease the the handlebar where the sleeve goes on.

I also have some pics of my bike that I would like to share, so if someone would walk me through the process to post them, that would be great. Thanks in advance!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • team_burk

Posted January 30, 2004 - 05:47 AM

Bel-Ray Waterproof grease is what I use. It comes in a tub, is blueish/green in color and costs about $5.00.

Waterproof is not to be confused with water resistent, they are not the same.

For pictures, first you must find an online web host where you can upload your pictures to. MSN groups is one example. Once you've placed your pictures on the web host, create a post here on TT, under the "Instant UBB Code" list choose "image", open another browser window, go to your host site, open the piture you wish to post, right click the picture, click on properties, highlight what is shown next to "Address" out to and including the "JPG" file extension, do not highlight anything past the "JPG" extension, now right click the highlighted text and select "copy", go back to your TT post and paste the copied text into the bar where the "http//" is highlighted in the "image" window, make sure you only have one "http//" in that bar after you have pasted, click "OK" to finalize the "image" window, finish your post and whoop there it is.

Here's a sample I used to help me explain the step by step method. (This is my oldest son (15 yrs. old) on his XR2.5)

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.