Stolen WR450F (one of the worst days ever)

Security & Covers Locks Security & Covers Alarms

79 replies to this topic
  • BarkSlayer

Posted September 22, 2014 - 07:04 PM

As stated earlier, homeowner's insurance will only cover motor vehicles used for the maintenance of your property. Unless you can make a case for a roto tiller, I doubt there will be any recourse there. I had two bikes stolen from me in 1985 just three weeks apart, so I know what you're feeling...and it stinks.

• revelc

Posted September 22, 2014 - 07:25 PM

As stated earlier, homeowner's insurance will only cover motor vehicles used for the maintenance of your property. Unless you can make a case for a roto tiller, I doubt there will be any recourse there. I had two bikes stolen from me in 1985 just three weeks apart, so I know what you're feeling...and it stinks.

Thanks for the reply! I'm sorry about your loss even if it was a long time ago. It really sucks for us because I could only get a bike if I financed it and my wife and I gave up some things to fit it in our budget. Now we can't even save for a new one because we have medical bills and the debt from the bike to pay off.

Your post was encouraging to me though. Even though you lost TWO bikes you haven't lost your passion. I also assume you still have fun on them even now since you're on here.i just have to be patient.

Put in an extra ride for me next time your out ;)

2014 WRR-R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F-Stolen

Edited by revelc, September 22, 2014 - 07:26 PM.

• Falcon 1

Posted September 22, 2014 - 08:03 PM

Revelc,

I hate to hear your bike got stolen.. there is no doubt you are struggling with a sick child, still paying the loan on your stolen bike, the wife is devastated, and you're working hard to support your family. The big thing you have working in your favor is keeping your faith in God, and maintaining a positive attitude. Don't give up, keep the faith, and keep the sun in your face.  

Humanity is amazing.. there are still good people out there. The guy that gave you his old bike is self evident.

I hope you get your bike back. 

Please keep us updated on any progress you make in the recovery process.

JL

• revelc

Posted September 22, 2014 - 09:05 PM

Revelc,

I hate to hear your bike got stolen.. there is no doubt you are struggling with a sick child, still paying the loan on your stolen bike, the wife is devastated, and you're working hard to support your family. The big thing you have working in your favor is keeping your faith in God, and maintaining a positive attitude. Don't give up, keep the faith, and keep the sun in your face.

Humanity is amazing.. there are still good people out there. The guy that gave you his old bike is self evident.

I hope you get your bike back.

Please keep us updated on any progress you make in the recovery process.

JL

We are standing in faith that its either returned in better condition than it left with or it's replaced with a better one.

As far as an update goes the Sheriff stopped by to tell me the bike was sold in Dallas and the trail stopped there for now.

The customer brought me the bike last week. It's an 1999 CR80. My wife wanted a bike so we could ride together someday so it looks like she has one now! It's just a little to small and squirrelly for a guy my size.

Thank you for all your prayers, support, and encouragement. You have no idea what it means to me right now.

2014 WRR-R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F-Stolen

Edited by revelc, September 22, 2014 - 09:06 PM.

• MANIAC998

Posted September 23, 2014 - 02:03 AM

We are standing in faith that its either returned in better condition than it left with or it's replaced with a better one.

As far as an update goes the Sheriff stopped by to tell me the bike was sold in Dallas and the trail stopped there for now.

The customer brought me the bike last week. It's an 1999 CR80. My wife wanted a bike so we could ride together someday so it looks like she has one now! It's just a little to small and squirrelly for a guy my size.

Thank you for all your prayers, support, and encouragement. You have no idea what it means to me right now.

2014 WRR-R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F-Stolen

Don't give up the faith!

And don't give up on our Justice system!

Hang in there!!!

• NEKOOHC

Posted September 23, 2014 - 02:07 AM

I Hope you find it , I hope you get it back .

• GASKICKER

Posted September 23, 2014 - 03:01 PM

Thanks for the reply! I'm sorry about your loss even if it was a long time ago. It really sucks for us because I could only get a bike if I financed it and my wife and I gave up some things to fit it in our budget. Now we can't even save for a new one because we have medical bills and the debt from the bike to pay off.
Your post was encouraging to me though. Even though you lost TWO bikes you haven't lost your passion. I also assume you still have fun on them even now since you're on here.i just have to be patient.
Put in an extra ride for me next time your out ;)
2014 WRR-R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F-Stolen

I cant believe your bank financed it without having proof of insurance. My homeowners will cover items upto $1k like small trailers and the like....which is stupid because the ded is $500. I have always carried full coverage on everything worth anything and even add extra coverage for accessories in case of total loss....even when i have the title.
Man, i feel for you, didnt you say you had some sort of coverage? On vehicles often the bank will make you carry gap insurance, does that on new bikes?

Edited by GASKICKER, September 23, 2014 - 03:02 PM.

• revelc

Posted September 23, 2014 - 03:42 PM

I cant believe your bank financed it without having proof of insurance. My homeowners will cover items upto $1k like small trailers and the like....which is stupid because the ded is $500. I have always carried full coverage on everything worth anything and even add extra coverage for accessories in case of total loss....even when i have the title.
Man, i feel for you, didnt you say you had some sort of coverage? On vehicles often the bank will make you carry gap insurance, does that on new bikes?

Ok here is the deal. I had a WR250R insured and it was totaled. The 450 was a replacement bike. I called the agent who handled my claim and he said I had to make the new bike street legal before I can transfer the policy (which I have kept current payments on). I already had the Tusk kit and was waiting on the title paperwork when it was stolen. Even though I'm still paying on my policy they are contesting the claim and putting it off as long as they can.

We don't have home owners or renters.

It's not like me to leave something on wheels uninsured and I was doing what the agent told me.

He was negligent though as Progressive offers ATV policies as well as the motorcycle insurance.

2014 WRR-R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F-Stolen

Edited by revelc, September 23, 2014 - 03:46 PM.

• revelc

Posted September 23, 2014 - 03:45 PM

Double post.

Edited by revelc, September 23, 2014 - 03:46 PM.

• GASKICKER

Posted September 23, 2014 - 08:07 PM

Ok here is the deal. I had a WR250R insured and it was totaled. The 450 was a replacement bike. I called the agent who handled my claim and he said I had to make the new bike street legal before I can transfer the policy (which I have kept current payments on). I already had the Tusk kit and was waiting on the title paperwork when it was stolen. Even though I'm still paying on my policy they are contesting the claim and putting it off as long as they can.
We don't have home owners or renters.
It's not like me to leave something on wheels uninsured and I was doing what the agent told me.
He was negligent though as Progressive offers ATV policies as well as the motorcycle insurance.
2014 WRR-R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F-Stolen

I dont see how an insurance agent can tell the owner how to register a factory built offroad bike. This all falls on the agent/insurance company. If you can prove what you say, call the corp offices and get it worked out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • revelc

Posted September 24, 2014 - 02:34 AM

I dont see how an insurance agent can tell the owner how to register a factory built offroad bike. This all falls on the agent/insurance company. If you can prove what you say, call the corp offices and get it worked out.

We have, an its being reviewed by upper management in the claims department. The adjuster got all of the information we submitted and passed it along. We have been waiting for two weeks to hear back. Should know something by the end of the week.

2014 WRR-R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F-Stolen

• PBDBLUE

Posted September 24, 2014 - 06:02 AM

Given your current status with respect to financial and medical issues you may be able to get a lawyer willing to go after the insurance company pro-bono. It's worth a shot.

• condor74

Posted September 27, 2014 - 07:58 PM

I have insured off road vehicles with out being street legal.  My daughter crashed her quad years ago and the insurance company paid for new plastics, new bars, new decals, etc.  

As far as home owners insurance covering bikes, my home owners insurance company said home owners insurance does not cover anything that has its own title  such as trailers, dirt bikes, etc.

Sorry to hear about your bike, I hope you get it back soon.

• revelc

Posted September 28, 2014 - 01:58 PM

Well I never heard back from Progressive Friday. I guess upper management hasn't made a decision yet.

It was really discouraging and I have started slipping back into a dark place. I'm irritable and after an argument with my wife yesterday I turned my phone off and went a bar. I ended up being really childish and hateful. Stayed out all night. I haven't done anything like that since before we were married. I can't do this crap as a father and a husband. I'm just angry and losing faith.

I need to snap out if it but I feel the depression/doubt creeping back daily.

/vent

2014 WRR-R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F-Stolen

• Mtrain730

Posted October 01, 2014 - 04:56 AM

I feel for you man you must be sick to your stomach I can't imagine. I know it's hard but try not to let it ruin your marriage you must have a good woman if with all the hard times and responsibilities she still supports you owning a bike and going riding. Just breath and tell your self it can always be worse. You will make it through this. Very sorry i also work very hard to be able to ride even though I have two little girls so people might think its irresponsible of me but every one needs some thing to blow off steam I have chose dirt bikes I used to chose bar stools before I was married I thinking dirt bikes are the better choice at this time of my life.

• revelc

Posted October 01, 2014 - 08:39 AM

I feel for you man you must be sick to your stomach I can't imagine. I know it's hard but try not to let it ruin your marriage you must have a good woman if with all the hard times and responsibilities she still supports you owning a bike and going riding. Just breath and tell your self it can always be worse. You will make it through this. Very sorry i also work very hard to be able to ride even though I have two little girls so people might think its irresponsible of me but every one needs some thing to blow off steam I have chose dirt bikes I used to chose bar stools before I was married I thinking dirt bikes are the better choice at this time of my life.

My wife is standing by me. It's just rough.

Yesterday someone ran me off the road, turned around, and threw something at my car denting and scratching it. It just seems to keep piling on but I finally just stopped worrying about it yesterday.

I just sat there eating dinner and looked at my wife feeding our son. I told my her in spite of everything happening I was grateful for her and my son. And I just snapped out of it in that moment. I finally had the peace I had been praying for.

2014 WRR-R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F-Stolen

• revelc

Posted October 01, 2014 - 09:33 AM

GREAT NEWS! I finally let everything go and just trusted God to work it all out. I got a call from Progressive this morning. They are covering the claim!

I am so grateful!

My wife and I are pumped about this victory. We really needed it with everything that's been going on.

Now we just need to find another deal like I got on the WR450F.
I got it for $5,500 new. It might take a while but we can't afford full retail on one right now.

My wife suggested making a Fund Me account so I can pay off what insurance doesn't cover and put some money towards the new bike.

I will keep you guys posted. Thank you for all the support and prayers.

2014 WRR-R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F-Stolen

• beezer

Posted October 01, 2014 - 01:44 PM

Good for you!

Keep your new bike in the house.

• Falcon 1

Posted October 01, 2014 - 05:41 PM

Good for you!

Keep your new bike in the house.

Revelc,

+1 on keeping your new bike in the house... you don't want to lose another one to theft.

I keep all of ours in the house, (3 450R's, one 230F, and one 100F).. the wife is very impressed. (Sarcasm implied)

Keep your eyes in the sun.

JL

Attached Thumbnails

• 0214141229a.jpg
  • 0315141735.jpg
  • 0403142219.jpg
  • 0420141508.jpg
  • 0530131101.jpg
  • 0602131112a.jpg
  • 1222131623a.jpg

• revelc

Posted October 01, 2014 - 06:48 PM

Revelc,

+1 on keeping your new bike in the house... you don't want to lose another one to theft.

I keep all of ours in the house, (3 450R's, one 230F, and one 100F).. the wife is very impressed. (Sarcasm implied)

Keep your eyes in the sun.

JL

I can see why your wife is seeing red! Lol

I am sure after all of this my wife wouldn't mind but we live in the country. I'd track dirt everywhere inside.

It will probably be kept in the barn or my parents garage next door. My wife and I are poor newly weds living in a single wide. No room to spare anymore with the baby.

2014 WRR-R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F-Stolen

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Bike got jacked :-( by planetwister

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • Hot  63 replies
Forums
Photo

Disc Lock question by RABBIDCOW55

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 6 replies
Forums
Photo

How to minimize the risk of your bike getting jacked? by oceantrav

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  54 replies
Forums
Photo

Possible line on a stolen bike in Bakersfield area by condor74

• Hot  25 replies
Forums
Photo

3 STOLEN DIRTBIKES by 323Racing

• Hot  69 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.