2012 WR 450 Bark Busters / Hand guards

Control Handguards

25 replies to this topic
  • cracker please

Posted September 11, 2014 - 12:23 PM

I got zeta triple clamp mounts.  I had a little trouble getting the left one on.  I think there was a little tab on the headlight bracket I had to bend.  Maybe something with one of those brake line guide loops.  Can't remember exactly.  I think I had to flip the brake line loop thing cause it would have hit the handguard.

Edited by cracker please, September 11, 2014 - 12:29 PM.

Posted September 12, 2014 - 04:18 AM

They also have the threaded bar ends which I also use. Have them on both my bikes. Makes for a more solid application.

Will the probend kit I order for $70.50 come with the threaded bar ends or do I need to order them separately?

Edited by XMXZX, September 12, 2014 - 04:19 AM.

• MyersAvionics

Posted September 12, 2014 - 04:49 AM

I really like the Cycra pro bends. I have bounced them off of a few trees pretty darned hard and they're still in good shape:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KennyMc

Posted September 12, 2014 - 04:54 AM

Will the probend kit I order for $70.50 come with the threaded bar ends or do I need to order them separately?

Separately, they were farther down on the page on the Cyclebuy link I provided. $22 includes the tap to make the threads in the bar ends. For the $70.50 you get just the normal bar end inserts.

Posted September 17, 2014 - 03:22 AM

Well I got everything pretty much installed last night but still have to make a few adjustments.  Couple questions I ran the brake line under the right side clamp mount and I have attached a pic but not sure if someone else has this setup and if they did the same thing.  I was also shorted two screws the self tapping ones any idea on where I could get two or should I call cycle buy and see if they can send two more.  Other than that I am happy with them. 

Attached Thumbnails

• photo_1.JPG
  • photo_2.JPG
  • photo_3.JPG
  • photo_4.JPG

• KennyMc

Posted September 17, 2014 - 05:53 AM

Brake line should be over. You don't want it to bind.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.