2015 INFO?

Still waiting on a few parts to show up including the exhaust but after 7 hrs I finally got the new 15 ready to go out for her maiden voyage. Big thanks to honda of the Ozarks for for getting it put together so fast for me to be able to pick it up and another thanks to the guys at split designs for the killer graphics kit, I think it turned out great!

How did it go? Did you get that beast on the track??

I did, I posted what I thought of it under "2015 first ride", I like it though, same great handling as my 13 had with a little more snap, I rode it on a hard dry powdery track so it was hard to get a good feel for it just yet but so far I'm happy with it.

Does anyone know if you can put the 2015 head on a 13/14 model? Besides the headpipe is it a direct bolt-up?  If the motor is supposed to have more punch, I forsee that being the best way to bring a non-2015 bike right up to par.

No it can't be done.

Furthermore, if that was the case, the aftermarket companies would have figured it out back in 2009 when Honda turned me into a non-Honda guy. BTW, I have been a Honda rider since 1973 when my awesome parents purchased a brand new XR-75 at Huntington Honda.

In my humble opinion, the Japanese gentelman making the final decision for the CRF Honda's needs to pass the baton to some new blood; I was shocked at his attitude in the interview he did with MXA several years ago. He acted as if he knew what his customers wanted more than, well, his customers. I realize they still sold boatloads of the bikes because they are a Honda...but c'mon! Those of us long time Honda riders with a full cup of common sense know better; the competition caught up and then just blew past ole red. I will admit it seems that they are making a turn in the right direction and I REALLY want to ride red again because when they are right, they are righteous machines. 

The following were my favorite Honda's and one Yamaha that I had a difficult time parting with, with exception to the ones i still own. 1984 CR 250R, it was fastest up until 1992 but I paid a pretty penny replacing the terrible suspension and at 21 years of age, that was a summer worth of mason work. 1987 CR 250 had the best suspension and turning with a decent engine; a lap time engine.1987 CR 500, again best suspension and turning, oh, I still have it and might do  a complete restoration. Also, the 1987 CR line was the most attractive...ever! BTW, the suspension works better off road than my current bikes; however, on an MX track, not so much as they are too flexy for the tracks of today. 1990 CR 250 It wasn't great but it didn't do anything really bad either. 1997 CR 500...the 87 is much better and way faster. 2001 Service Honda CR 500 best 500 I ever owned with exception to the engine. I rode it for several seasons and sold it for what I paid for it!  2002 XR 650 R with all of the race mods done by Precision Concepts. My GPS confirmed 118 M.P.H. on Soggy Dry Lake in Johnson Valley. It was hard to believe that it would smoke my fresh CR 500 from a a dead start in third gear and yet it doesn't feel like it is accelerating this hard...weird. The 87 was and is not fresh, so i didn't use that bike in the run; I think the 87 would take the 650...it is that much better. I still own the 650 too and will probably never sell it. 2004 CRF 450R Made me a lazy rider but my skills jumped up a few notches. 2007 CRF 450R I hated it at first as i was so use to my 04 but once i figured it out, it was a love story. Then i decided to cheat and add an extra bike; a 2006 YZ 250 smoker...the best 250 I have ever owned and the suspension is stunning to say there least. I'm thinking of dropping my 87 500 engine into a 500 AF frame and adding the Kayaba SSS suspension next year if I don't do the restoration to the 87 500. I recently found a brand new 2007 CRF 450 R sitting on the floor at Service Honda for 5 grand delivered. I did everything possible to the engine and added the Rekluse auto clutch plus I dialed in the suspension to my liking. The engine is up to snuff with a bike fit to race the nationals...yeah, like I'm that fast, but damn, it is so much fun to pull the trigger and bleed the RPM'S. 

Sorry for going off track but hey, i'm a 51 year old dirt bike freak...what can i say?

• Like 1

Picked my up on Monday!  Rode it Tuesday at Elsinore to break it in!  Rode the intermediate track!  The bike is awesome!  I rode three easy moto's to break it in!  I increased the preload on the rear shock as I am 240lbs.  I set the front clickers a few clicks from stock and didn't notice any dive from the front under hard breaking!  (This was a problem on the 2013, I had to add 10cc's of oil to the forks) This bike doesn't seem to need it!  The bike still cuts the inside line with ease (As expected from a Honda)!   Power is excellent! and is very noticeable from the beginning!  I only rode the stock setting as this was a break in day!  I will report more when I ride this weekend!   The air forks on the 2013 took about a week of riding before they settled in and provided a good ride!  I didn't experience the same with these forks; However, the track was really smooth and fast!  We will see this weekend!  I am having a stiffer rear spring put on today, hydraulic clutch and Prop Taper bars,  as I spoiled myself with a hydraulic clutch I added to my 2013!

Vet rider!

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up my 15 today and a big shock to me was the fact there is no more spares kit!!!! The kit was always a plus when buying a honda, had the bike paid for or I might have went for a ktm instead!!! Lol anybody else in the uk annoyed about this???

Countries outside the USA get a spare piston/rings/pin and gasket set. At least...

Thanks, I never knew that. I've never purchased a brand new one before. I've purchased new sport bikes but never dirt. Was always able to find the latest models allot cheaper. Every year I see some guy selling because he said he either has no time or the bike is too much for him (we all know both excuses mean the same LOL). Guaranteed I find a 2015 in spring with a couple hours for like $6K maybe less.

Before anyone in the US and Canada gets to worked up over what they get in Europe just be aware that in England the CRF450R retails for 7899 pounds which translates into a little over $12600 US dollars.  For that kind of money a top end kit & levers doesn't really mean too much.

Before anyone in the US and Canada gets to worked up over what they get in Europe just be aware that in England the CRF450R retails for 7899 pounds which translates into a little over $12600 US dollars. For that kind of money a top end kit & levers doesn't really mean too much.

Roger that!! That is astronomical. That begs the question as to if its better to buy here and ship over there. Of course you'd have to find out the tax, import fees, or whatever else it costs. I know a guy who buys here and sells in South America. He makes a killing.