cooling system ??

2 replies to this topic
  • maxat

Posted January 29, 2004 - 09:39 AM

looking for a bit of info here please, just started my bike up (wrf450) its been sitting idle for just over a week, noticed a small patch of coolant on the floor. it appears to be coming from the water pump breather hole underneath, is this normal and ive just noticed ? i know the crf's do it ! :D

thanks in advance... :)

steve

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • edwardsp

Posted January 29, 2004 - 11:12 AM

I never heard of this until about 2 weeks ago. Since then I've seen several posts here as well as on "All Things Moto" where people noticeed this. It happened to me when I tried to start my bike in 30 degree weather.(2 weeks ago) By the time it cranked, the fluid loss stopped. I lost no more fluid over a 25 mile ride.

Apparently, when worn (or maybe also when cold and more brittle) the coolant seal lets a small amount pass and it leaks out the drain hole. Several guys have posted that they have replaced the seal. I'm going to make sure mine leaks again before I do it.

• maxat

Posted January 29, 2004 - 12:52 PM

cheers edward, you have put my mind at rest anyway thanks, :)

steve

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.