Fork oil change

9 replies to this topic
  • stevethe

Posted September 06, 2014 - 07:44 AM

Ever since I put extra fork guards on and run fork skins I haven't had a fork seal leak. So I am feeling guilty about not changing the oil. I have heard of removing the forks and leaving them upside down to drain the old oil out. Anyone do it this way.

Forks_zps8b446fa0.jpg

Edited by stevethe, September 06, 2014 - 05:47 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 06, 2014 - 11:03 AM

If you have 2011 and before, you can do that

If you have 2012 and later, you must pump the oil out of the inner chamber, and double bleed the chamber and fork upon re-assembly

• stevethe

Posted September 06, 2014 - 05:48 PM

If you have 2011 and before, you can do that

If you have 2012 and later, you must pump the oil out of the inner chamber, and double bleed the chamber and fork upon re-assembly

Thanks she's the early ones. So it should be easy.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 06, 2014 - 06:16 PM

Thanks she's the early ones. So it should be easy.

Yup

Put a phillips screwdriver in the gas tank vent to plug it, Hang the bike upside down from the rafters, loosen the top triple clamp, and remove the fork caps.

Fast and easy.

• stevethe

Posted September 06, 2014 - 06:18 PM

Yup

Put a phillips screwdriver in the gas tank vent to plug it, Hang the bike upside down from the rafters, loosen the top triple clamp, and remove the fork caps.

Fast and easy.

Hum how come I never tried that check for weak rafters.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted September 06, 2014 - 06:31 PM

Use a sky hook

• jjcoffman

Posted September 06, 2014 - 06:55 PM

Yup

Fast and easy.

omg this... :goofy:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 06, 2014 - 07:33 PM

What?

• stevethe

Posted September 07, 2014 - 05:06 AM

Upsidedown_zpsa91e6d51.jpg

ON IT.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 07, 2014 - 12:50 PM

TOLD YOU SO

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.