YZF Front Caliper Fit WR?

3 replies to this topic
  • woods-rider

Posted September 02, 2014 - 07:42 AM

I tried searching for the answer on here but didn't find what I needed.

My dad busted the front caliper mounting bracket off of his 2009 WR450F this weekend. He went to order a new bracket, but it appears that you can't buy just the bracket from Yamaha, only the whole caliper assembly for ~$260. A quick eBay search turned up a lot of calipers for YZ450Fs around 2003 and 2004 for fairly cheap. Does anyone know if these would fit his WR? The part numbers aren't the same for the whole caliper assembly, but that could be due to a different part being different and the bracket could be the same.

Has anyone put a YZF front caliper on a WR before?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 02, 2014 - 10:26 AM

2006 YZ250/450 is a direct fit

Don't know about other years

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woods-rider

Posted September 02, 2014 - 10:32 AM

Great, thanks Kah Ran Nee!

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 02, 2014 - 01:29 PM

There is the original WR caliper and mount spacing, usually referred to as the 'wide' or 'large' mount.

Some year YZ's (probably most, up to 2006) used this set up.

Then the YZ changed twice, in 2007 and 2008, and the WR changed once, in 2012, but with the same spacing

Edited by Kah Ran Nee, September 02, 2014 - 01:31 PM.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.