Magura hydraulic clutch

Control Hydraulic Clutches

62 replies to this topic
  • mch

Posted March 12, 2015 - 07:34 AM

I got it on all the way last night, buttoned it up and took it for a slow test drive in the back yard. Damn this thing is easy to pull! It didn't feel that much easier sitting on the stand with the motor off, but once it was running and I was riding it around the pull was easily a 1 finger job. Now I just need to put it through a real test ride, but sadly that probably won't happen for almost a month. I am busy this weekend and  then will be out of town on business for a few weeks so my first chance will likely be early April some time.

Thanks for the help guys and I hope I have no surprises about the clutch on my first rear ride when I'm 20 miles away from the truck. I may try and find a way to pack the cable and stock perch and lever for my first ride or two out with the hydro just in case.

How did you end up running the line?  What about the electronic cable that goes to the perch that disables electric start when in gear and clutch not pulled in? 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woods-rider

Posted March 12, 2015 - 07:39 AM

How did you end up running the line?  What about the electronic cable that goes to the perch that disables electric start when in gear and clutch not pulled in? 

Stock routing was the shortest way I could find. The perch is just a bit farther from the grip than I like. I typically cut down my clutch levers to mimic a shorty lever, but I won't be able to do that to this one or I couldn't reach it. Luckily, this lever has an adjustable distance from the grip so I think I can make it work like this. Maybe down the road I will get a SS line for it and get it a few inches longer than this one. It looks like Magura offers a 41" and a 44". Mine is the 41" model as are most of the jap bikes according to the Magura sheet that came with my unit..

Mine does not have the neutral safety switch now. I don't know if any of the other guy's do though. It's not something that I wanted to lose, but maybe I will get used to checking if I am in neutral by rocking the bike back and forth before trying to start. Up until now I would just press the magic button and if it didn't turn over I knew I was in gear. My bike doesn't like to start with the button when in gear.

Edited by woods-rider, March 12, 2015 - 07:41 AM.

• JDLowrance

Posted March 14, 2015 - 05:53 PM

I got it on all the way last night, buttoned it up and took it for a slow test drive in the back yard. Damn this thing is easy to pull! It didn't feel that much easier sitting on the stand with the motor off, but once it was running and I was riding it around the pull was easily a 1 finger job. Now I just need to put it through a real test ride, but sadly that probably won't happen for almost a month. I am busy this weekend and  then will be out of town on business for a few weeks so my first chance will likely be early April some time.

Thanks for the help guys and I hope I have no surprises about the clutch on my first rear ride when I'm 20 miles away from the truck. I may try and find a way to pack the cable and stock perch and lever for my first ride or two out with the hydro just in case.

Awesome!

It definitely is a huge improvement over stock.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.